Built in CMS

Hello, I am working on a CMS for BlocsApp 3. With a little chance I will release it until the end of this year. Until now I do not fixed the price, but for sure it will not cost more than 149€.

2 Likes

I am sure we will all look forward to learning more.

3 Likes

I’m currently working on a tutorial on how to convert blocs sites to Wordpress accuratly, it does need a bit of manual work like copy a pasting but it’s manageable

2 Likes

I’ve just tried it now, Blocs Hosting is nearly all Wordpress in about 30 minutes

1 Like

Now that I’ve done some research into it and that it’s possible who would love for this to be an option on blocs hosting, for example, a convert to WordPress and then a year hosting for a set price?

• Would Love That
  • Nah

0 voters

https://forum.blocsapp.com/t/blocs-to-wordpress-release/4331

^ So, how does this differ from your previous endeavor? Other than people will need to now use your hosting?

1 Like

sounds exciting. have you tested it w the blocs 3 beta already?

As soon as we have more developer API options, this will come to Blocs 3:

4 Likes

don’t like WordPress or Magento and such…headaches, headaches.
My clients just need a simple way to change images and text.

1 Like

Hi gman,

Not sure if this will be suitable for you, but it is a simple built-in CMS system based on clean php/mysql:

You could manage contents(pictures or text) and parts of the web pages in admin area, or user area.
There are simple text editor options like font-size, colors, text-alignment, font-family and other simple options.

Installation is approximately easy - uploading the script into the sub directory on the website and run installation wizard(will ask you for database credentials, then choose admin username and pass), and that’s it.

I hope this will help.

…what happens when I later want to make changes? Do I need to learn wordpress then, or will you be updating the site with the new changes for free?

Totally agree a CMS would give us a lot of advantage! since more clients ask to be able to administer a site with only change image upload and release !!

Buy the pulsecms but it has been an unpleasant experience! from the answer to compatibility with blocsapp! among many other problems more!

hopefully in the future more blocsapp integrate a cms, since I am happy with the application, both as blocsapp and solis, and waiting for the new versiors 3

2 Likes

I use Blocs for static websites and Joomla for cms websites.
So I prefer an unhackable and stable Blocsapp, as it is.

4 Likes

I’ve never tried Joomla, so I’m not speaking from experience. My question is what you would do if a client comes back to you near the end of a Blocs project and says they want make their own changes?

This is one of the first things that I talk about with new clients. It‘s a basic decision and will be part of the contract.

I asked because I had a “client from hell” earlier in the year, who made this demand right at the end of a job, even though it was clear all the way through that the site would not have a CMS. They wanted me to add one and train them how to use it for a minimal sum, but I resisted because I knew I would still be answering questions in five years time.

What problems have you had using Pulse with Blocs?

Oh dear! I know such clients…

1 Like

I think we all do, but this was the worst in 25 years of freelance work…

I totally agree a built-in CMS would be awesome. But it has to be a 2 WAY SYNC solution, otherwise it won’t bring much. I already use Surreal CMS for some of my clients and it’s a good solution for basic editing (text, pictures, SEO Metatags). One can even add content using editable regions.

BUT, when the customer wants me to make major changes (header, new page, etc.) later, there is no possibility to synchronise the CMS-Version with Blocs. So, either you have to update your Blocs-Version yourself with the changes made meanwhile by the customer in Surreal CMS, or you have to make the new changes directly in Surreal CMS. Both solution are unsatisfactory. Thiss issue affects all other CMS-Systems too (Cushy, October, Pulse).

Therefore a native Blocs CMS solution would have to work both way in order to be a game changer!