Carousel Edge to Edge is ugly and not editable

Hello,
the edge to edge Caousel ist not edge to egde, there are too big buttons left and right.
How to edit these buttons?
How to edit the background color (i tried everything, nothing worked)?
How to edit the high of the carousel (the carousel hides the top of the images)?
How to put the buttons on the images and not left and right?
How to put the carousel indicator on the images?
How to put a text on the images which is sticky and not moving with the images?
Where ist some information about the carousel in the Help?
Please some answer, thank you.

Select the bloc in the layer navigator & then in Appearance select the expand icon:

How to edit these buttons?
How to edit the background color?

Open up the Class Manager & then hit plus button & then select what you want to edit from the subclass library dropdown, add that class and then edit that class as desired.

How to put a text on the images which is sticky and not moving with the images?

Put a heading bric below the carousel and then add a custom class and set the Display to Inline. This should move fixed text up onto the image.

How to edit the hide of the carousel (the carousel hides the top of the images)?
How to put the buttons on the images and not left and right?

Hopefully setting the bloc full width will show more of the image. Otherwise you will need to edit the image to get the proportions to fit better.
Putting buttons on images to control the carousel: I don’t believe that is possible. The only controls available are the arrows or the indicators at the bottom.

Bill
BricsDesign

Hello, thank you for your answers. But there are still some questions:

• how to make the carousel real fullscreen (or edge to edge)? I mean: images in fullscreen and not with big superfluous grey or white areas around! In the web it’s a widespread and nice option.
  • how to make the grey background white (i found no way to edit it)?
  • how could it be possible, to directly edit the elements in the layer navigator (there are locks and how is it possible to open them?)?
  • How to edit the high of the carousel? The high of other blocs is editable, why not of the carousel?
  • Because blocs seems to miss nice carousels, i tried to use juicebox. But this does not work. Why?

Please give me some help!
Please complete your User Documentation, that nowbody loses so much time to find out how to work with blocs!

Thanks.

Hello,

I will try to answer your questions:

Click on the bloc where your carousel is located, and change the padding to ‘none’ and width to edge to edge. See the screenshot.

47%20PM

Once again, click on the bloc with carousel, and edit the Background settings in the sidebar. Change the color to white.

39%20PM

Use can use the Layer Navigation to navigate between the different elements of your website. You can rearrange, delete or duplicate the elements, but to actually change them, you need to work in your editing space in the middle of the screen.

The Containers with locks are not supposed to be touched to prevent you from corrupting the structure of your project.

The high of the carousel is determined by the height of the images you are using in it. You can also change the padding, but I don’t think this is what you want. You can add a custom class to your carousel to edit other attributes, but once again, if you just edit the images the way you want before adding them into the carousel, you won’t need to do that.

I have never used this, but in my experice, you can embed almost any type of carousel. It might require you to add some additional files to the page settings, so read carefully the instructions on Juicebox website.

A lot of the questions you ask are actually are quite basic, and can be easily avoided if you look at the Knowledge Base.

Cheers,
Eldar

2 Likes

Hi Eldar,
thank you for your answers again!
Sorry, i have searched before in the knowlegde base for answers to my questions and have not found them.
And if your tips would have worked, i would have not write these questions again.

This does not work:
" > how to make the carousel real fullscreen (or edge to edge)? I mean: images in fullscreen and not with big superfluous grey or white areas around! In the web it’s a widespread and nice option.

Click on the bloc where your carousel is located, and change the padding to ‘none’ and width to edge to edge. See the screenshot."
–> It is not possible to make the images fullscreen.

And this does not work too:
" > how to make the grey background white (i found no way to edit it)?

Once again, click on the bloc with carousel, and edit the Background settings in the sidebar. Change the color to white."
–> I tried it with every element of the bloc, and the grey background did not became white.

This does not work:
" > How to edit the high of the carousel? The high of other blocs is editable, why not of the carousel?

The high of the carousel is determined by the height of the images you are using in it. You can also change the padding, but I don’t think this is what you want. You can add a custom class to your carousel to edit other attributes, but once again, if you just edit the images the way you want before adding them into the carousel, you won’t need to do that."
–> It would be nice if it is like this, but it is not. The carousel only shows a part of the images and not the whole heigth (all my images have the same heigh). It is NOT determined by the heigh of the images.

Cheers, Urs