Google Maps like YOU want

Hi there,

i found this nice website https://snazzymaps.com/build-a-map where you can easy style Google Maps the way you like. Many different color-themes are given and the rest is under your control. I think this is very useful to make the maps look like the rest of the style :wink:
I hope you like it too.

11 Likes

Looks very simple and quite useful! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks! Thatā€™s great.

Useful indeed. Thanks!

I first came across snazzymaps in a rival web development application - Sparkle (not as simple as Blocs, but still quite good). They appear to have incorporated Snazzymaps in their map widget. Basically, add a map and then choose from over 150 colour themes from a drop-down menu. It would be really great if this feature could be added to Blocs. I believe the plugin is open source and can be made a part of any web development app. Maybe @norm could take a look at consider this addition for the future!

1 Like

hello,
Iā€™m trying to get work the snazzymaps map on my website, but I cant preview it, seems like itā€™s not working, Iā€™ve replaced my previous code (the google maps, working perfectly) with the one from snazzy maps, but it does not seems to work, any idea why?![08|690x162]

Hi,

can you show us the snazzymaps code you are trying to include in your Blocs project? This should be an simple iframe code like

<iframe src="https://snazzymaps.com/embed/XXXXX" width="100%" height="400px" style="border:none;"></iframe>

hi, my snazzymaps code is

Did you get a Google API key? You must get one before the map will work. The code creation process in Snazzy Maps usually prompts you to enter the API before it can generate the code.

YEP, I got my API key, have no restricted it yet since le website is not yet hosted, might that be an issue?

Mhm :roll_eyes: theres no code in your post.

API keys are usually created for a specific URL. It may be worth uploading the map page to your server to see if it works when online. Do you see a map of any description in the blocs application? If not. it may be an error in the code you copied. If the map has been added correctly, you should see the map but with the watermark ā€œfor development purposes onlyā€

actually once I click on life preview in blocs pannel, I can see a good map for a second, than itā€™ disappears & I get the error message!

Iā€™ll try to upload it on the server soon, canā€™t do it now, weā€™ll see than,

Thanks a lot for your time & help,

yeah,

canā€™t understand why cant post the code?
I did paste it, it apears to me but not onc publishedā€¦

No problem, let us know how it functions online - it may be helpful for others to know.

I think that not the API key is the problem.
Iā€™ve testet on of my codes here: https://www.w3schools.com/html/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_intro
And it works fine.

thanks a lot,

Iā€™ve tried it on a blanc - new project, it still gives me this restult:

any idea whatā€™s going on?

Joanna

I donā€™t think this is a blocs issue - it looks like the error message is being served from google. This leads me to think that the code is doing its job in trying to retrieve the map date, but google is looking for something else - maybe that API key that was mentioned earlier?

OK, I do think youā€™re right!

seems like the google API is a paid feature,
so the map does not work, because I havent yet paidā€¦
anybody else come through this? do I have it right?

joanna

I think you have to give Google your payment details, but they will only charge your account if you exceed a certain number of map views every month. I suggest you sign-up for a google maps account and check what the viewing limits are.