What about integration with Joomla! and WordPress

When will there be an opportunity to work Blocksapp with the two most used CMS; Joomla! and WordPress

3 Likes

+1 to Wordpress :slight_smile: @Norm Hihi.

3 Likes

+1 to both CMS’s!

To me Wordpress and Middleman and/or Jekyll would be very nice.

+1 for both

+1 for WP :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

That would be a great addition for me, as well.

I am setting up my Blocs designed website running with two WordPress blog installations in subdirectories. Besides the lack of continuity between the blog pages and the rest of the site (even with some work with styling of the WordPress theme to match), simple things like showing the lates blog posts on the non-WordPress (Blocs created) home page is a hassle.

Might try to add support for this like create a program or set of tutorials to teach people.

3 Likes

that’s a good idea…
P.S .: my vote is for Joomla +1

WordPress +1 :slight_smile:

I am working on a converter plugin :smiley:

2 Likes

I think the best we could hope for is an export option that outputs Joomla!/wordpress templates, with or without content. This would be particularly useful as a substitute for Artisteer, which makes templates for Joomla, Wordpress and Drupal as well as normal HTML websites. When Artisteer dropped development of it’s Mac version (in favour of Windows) they left a big hole in the market. They now concentrate on their Windows product which they advise Mac users to buy and install in a virtual windows environment - not a very good compromise.

However, I’m not entirely convinced that that providing this facility in Blocs would be worth the effort. There are so many themes and customisation options and plugins for these CMS, it could all become a “sledgehammer to crack a nut”. Of course, if the export options were relatively simple to add in, it would be a great addition to an already great application.

+1 for Joomla!

WP +1 would be great

+1 WP from me

Hi guys,

I don’t want to be negative here but…
There’s lots of amazing page builders for WP and Joomla.
It also looks like themes are getting less important with these page builders since you pretty much design your theme within the page builders which usually comes with lots of ready templates.
I think it would be time wasted developing for WP/Joomla.
I’d rather see Blocs develop to become more feature rich and awesome instead. :nerd_face:

Cheers / Johny

4 Likes

I would prefer to see which blocs included a plugin type or its own integrated cms! maybe in the future but it would be awesome