Add multi language website

I hope for a multi-language website with RTL and LTR
Thanks

Check in project settings. Does that do what you need?

screenshot_797

with this you can make separated websites with desired language,
my hope is a multiple language in 1 website,
actualy you can do it now but only with same direction LTR or RTL, you can’t combine both in one blocs project,
i hope it will be available with blocs 3

I agree this would be useful for some and should probably be controlled in the page settings, rather than project settings.

I think the next version of BLOCS should have more options, like MUSE has. I mean BLOCS is way better but MUSE has more options to make the work easier, you know like fonts, character options, links, etc… In MUSE you can make more than one language website very easy. I hope BLOCS 3 can do that too

Any updates to this topic with Blocs 4?

I’ve found a solution last week to manage a bi lingual (or more) website with blocs.

in my case, I’ve created 2 sites (2 “.blocs” files) 1 for French, 1 for English version.

Like that I can have in every header an French menu and in the other the English menu. Because actually we can’t hide a menu on selected pages.

French menu is linked to French pages.
in the English version, “FR” menu is linked to an “about page” which is on the English blocs file.
in the French version, “EN” menu is linked to an “apropos page” which is on the French blocs file.
advantage of blocs is that we can declare “navigate to html pages” which are not existing in the blocs file

only the logo company is linked to a single page (home French page). I don’t have menus linked to an home page or an index page, because we can’t have 2 index pages on a same “www”.

All the other pages start by “fr-” or “en-” and after have the same name:
fr-association.html
en-association.html

After I upload the 2 generated html pages in the same place (same “www”)

I don’t know if I’m clear but it works well.

My site in is progress, so not visible at this time.

1 Like