Adobe Muse -- Ending Development Today 3-26-18

Also please note that Blocs 3 will be out later this year and the Blocs API was just released so 3rd party developers are now able to extend and offer additional features for Blocs users as well. So definitely keep an eye on Blocs as your possible ā€œAdobe Muse alternativeā€.

Here is a current Blocs user who was previously an Adobe Muse customer.
https://eldargezalov.com/news/blocs-is-a-better-alternative-to-adobe-muse

He also now offers affordable Blocs Courses for learning, if that would help you assimilate from Muse faster:
https://eldargezalov.com/blocsmaster/

You can also see all the official Blocs documentation here:
https://help.blocsapp.com/

Again welcome to the community.

8 Likes

In particular I have more than a dozen sites echos adobe muse, since its launch was one of the tools to make websites that I liked a lot, its easy to use and the widgets that it has lets you do a lot of things! ā€¦ Then I found blocsapp, and look at me here making the pages in blocsapp, I will not deny that the lack of add-ons or widgets, brics encourages little, but bloc is growing in a gratifying way! and I have adapted in a pleasant way, just need that blocapp release its own cms :joy:

without a doubt there are things that I still do not understand about blocapp, but I have caught a lot of passion, I am not a programmer so it fits very much the drag and drop! ā€¦

finally Viva blocsappā€¦:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Adobe users can get a big discount without Norm needing to do much of anything. They simply ditch Photoshop for Affinity Photo, ditch Illustrator for Affinity Designer, and ditch MUSE for Blocs. (They soon will be able to ditch InDesign for Affinity Publisher, when that comes out.) Once you ditch that wallet-eating subscription model, you save a bundle!

No doubt MUSE users are Googling the web right now and Blocs will surely appear in those search results. If Norm wants to do anything he could just put the following in big text on the top page of his site:

ADOBE MUSE USERS, WELCOME!

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Adobe does not care about us little guys. They only care about the big business model. They have shown this time and time again, ending programs that users have purchased and vested time in learning. The subscription model led me to Blocs way back in version 1. I ditched Dreamweaver, InDesign and Illustrator. The only thing I still have is the Photographers bundle. Weā€™ll see how long they continue to have a decent price on it.

Infinity is making some great products that can replace Adobe. I love Infinity Designer and if I didnā€™t have years of Lightroom/Photoshop catalogs Iā€™d probably ditch them to.

Casey

1 Like

Norm

Iā€™m another Muse refugee looking for a new home. Can you tell me about your roadmap and what to expect in Blocks 3?

Rick

Welcome Rick,

Blocs is very actively being developed, the road map for version 3 is currently not public to help us keep a few surprises for our users and competitors :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But I have shared snippets here and there so hereā€™s a few.

1. New bric bar / library UX
  2. New scroll animation effects
  3. Bootstrap 4 support
  4. Ability to add custom data attributes
  5. Refreshed UI

This is by no means a complete list. Release date for Blocs 3 is not confirmed but we hope to ship it before the end of 2018.

6 Likes

the ending of muse pushed me out of the ā€œcomfortā€ zone of adobe this week for good and I found blocs. damn this is good. after checking out other tools ā€“ mostly browser based, this (and sparkle) are realy designer friendly. no code means no code. big props to @Norm for that tool.

7 Likes

waiting for affinity publisher and I am out of adobe. using their apps (paying customer for 14 years) for 20 years now. and I was testing the beta versions of muse for 4 years now. their F-U attitude to us went to far this time. just found BLOCS, and love it.

3 Likes

Welcome to Blocs @michaelokraj,

Please spread your positive experience with Blocs, on the Adobe Muse forum and with other Muse users. Others may feel the same regarding switching to BlocsApp as an ā€œAdobe Muse Replacementā€ if they try Blocs as a ā€œAdobe Muse Alternativeā€ with your endorsement as a former Muse user.

:wink: Again welcome aboard.

1 Like

I appears something within the Spark product line will be the continuation or next experiment rather, of Adobe trying to figure out web development using paying beta testers called subscribers.

They have killed off so many web related apps and approaches that obviously they still fail to have a clear direction or understanding of the web or their users. Its mind boggling really to try to comprehend their confusion and inability to have a clear direction or approach.

:crazy_face:

1 Like

Donā€™t worry Iā€™m sure Adobe are still supporting GoLive for all their faithful customers who have stuck by them for so many years.

1 Like

Oh My! Adobe GoLiveā€¦I had forgotten all about that oneā€¦the first time Adobe pissed me off. How many version did you pay for?

Anyone else use this one?

Or how about when Adobe came out with the subscription create suite and they stuck there noses up to all of the non-profits using Adobe.

Casey

1 Like

go live and imageready ā€¦ good times. do you all remember the COOL-GRID by golive? for my part loved golive a lot. i just remembered, there are some sites online i did with it: this is how web looked liked 2004 > http://bildungsqualitaetdeutschland.de :joy::heart_eyes::sunglasses:

i was ā€“ for the first time in my now 25 y career as a designer, using their apps for 20 years now, SHOCKED. but my 20th anniversary this year is coming to an end. I hope affinity delivers affinity publisher as solid as their ā€œdesignerā€ and ā€œphotoā€ app and I am leaving the CC cult. for good.

@Blocs_User/ @Norm a discount code is def not needed. this app is even to cheap in my opinion. if you compare it to what i spend monthly on the subscription and all the muse widgets the value ā‰  price of BLOCS. I pay the price with pleasure for the full version and +1.0 versions updates ā€“ but please never ever switch to a subscription mode. :star_struck::money_with_wings::moneybag:

4 Likes

Oh yes I remember it well. It was also my first learning in to the design arena. Boy has things changed.

Casey

1 Like

Letā€™s not forget Pagemill either.

Dreamweaver itself is in such a confounded and confused state. They really took it out to the woodshed the last so many releases. It currently does not really fit designers or developers very well and in basic terms lags in supporting various general web standards.

Blocs recently released its Developer API.

Its pretty new and still advancing, but with time you should begin seeing more and more 3rd party Brics by developers and potentially even layout Blocs in the future. So in addition to its own core advancements these 3rd party Brics, will help fill out various features moving forward. Much like ā€œAdobe Muse Widgetsā€ and ā€œRapidweaver Stacksā€, etc.

Or Adobe Revel

1 Like

I did it on facebook. I wish you can bring all those developers from the muse third party team to extend blocsapp.

1 Like