Anchor speed

Hi all

I figured out how to use the “navigate to anchor” on a single page lay-out and it works fine.

However; is there a way to slow it down so you get a more scrolling like effect?

Any help would be welcome.
Rob

1 Like

Not that I know of and this is something I have requested myself, since the effect can be a bit brutal at times. I agree we need an option to control the delay and scroll speed.

1 Like

I wonder if the js function call goes to a local .js file. If it does, then perhaps we could go in and tweak the settings in that file?

The problem with external edits like this is that they tend to get overwritten with the next site update. I am able to do all of this in Foundation and really think it’s a missing feature in Blocs that would help greatly to make sites more stylish.

2 Likes

Yes, I agree that even if it’s possible to achieve via accessing and tweaking the external, linked js file, keeping track of such changes each time an update is done is wearysome, time-consuming and problematic. Hopefully @Norm and his team will continue to respond to user concerns and wish lists and make Blocs stronger and more robust with each and every update.

Sure you can.

You will find it in your respective “blocs.js” or “blocs.min.js” as “function scrollToTarget”, there you will see its using “slow” as described in the JQuery Animate documentation seen below:

Duration:

Durations are given in milliseconds; higher values indicate slower animations, not faster ones. The default duration is 400milliseconds. The strings ‘fast’ and ‘slow’ can be supplied to indicate durations of 200 and 600 milliseconds, respectively.

If desired you can modify it however you wish.

You could also use the specialEasing feature. There are also various ways to add custom easing, bezier easing, cubic-bezier easing, etc., with JQuery as well.

@Norm, Adding basic easing equations and allowing the user to set both ‘duration’ and ‘easing type’ when choosing “Interactions -> Scroll to Target” from the SideBar seems doable. I just tested via editing the JS code and it works fine with your function.

However, its then just a matter of people not making poor user experiences – by using various unneeded easing effects distracting end users viewing their sites. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Yeah this actually crossed my mind a few days ago. Watch this space…

4 Likes

Good news, Blocs 3 has support to set the scroll speed on the scroll-to interaction, I added it yesterday while I was down there fixing some stuff up with interactions. :+1:

12 Likes

That’s great News Norm.

1 Like

You rock @Norm :sunglasses:

1 Like