AnyVideo and using customized URL

Are there any issues using customized URL? If we want to host the video on our server for example?

Why not keep all these in the same thread.

You can use any url.

1 Like

The Forum would not allow me to do that.

? You post in threads all the time.

Is that a bad thing? I have a growing trist for knowledge.

I’m meaning add to existing threads instead of creating a new one about the same thing.

Sorry, I miss understood. The Forum, I think, allow only 3 reply from each member. That is why I began another one.

There are restrictions on new user accounts I think initially. Don’t know what they are exactly. But you should be able to post more than 3 times.

1 Like

And?
ARE there any issues?

OK.
I found out myself.
Yes, there is an issue. I can’t get it to work.
The video is on the harddrive in the project folder, I tried several ways of finding the right path with no luck.
What is the right path?
Pete?

OK.
I found out myself again.
Video works only after export.
Path is: yourprojectfolder/yourvideo.mp4.

A local path won’t work when you upload your site though, you want to use a hosted URL.

Upload the video to your web host.

URL refers to a web address. :smile:

2 Likes

The folder structure on the hard drive is exactly the same as on the server.
You have to upload it of course. Then the path works as I described.

For a relative path, yes. But if you want it to work on local host and or preview an absolute url is the way to go.

My learning moment of the day! Thank you, @PeteSharp for this crash course. :grinning:

2 Likes

OK gentlemen - I passe.

Am I missing something… is there a way to use local in Any Video?

The Blocs API has no Video Well option like the Image Well. If that’s what you mean??

You can upload your videos to a web server and use the URL no problems.

In Blocs we have the option of adding Local. The Poster automatically shows. When you use Blocs preview or open it in a Browser it shows. So what you’re saying is there is this add Local does not work in Any Video?

No. What I’m saying is the Blocs API doesn’t give us access / the option.

So it’s not about it not working, it’s there is no option for me to add it.

I have requested a Video Well option to be added to the API, but I think it’s low on priorities. Until then, it’s impossible to add.