Apple's Website in Blocs 3

It isn’t a competition but it’s a statement of capability that has been well viewed and there have been plenty of positive comments. It could well have descended into one big bun fight and end up with people being banned had it been posted on that other forum.

What was interesting is to see names from both forums joining up to comment and contribute on the other forums. RW4ALL has only been going a couple of months and there is often more discussion about topics not related to RapidWeaver stuff.

The good news for RW users is that they can rest assured that RW+stacks+stuff can build a web page like the Apple MacMin page, every bit as good as a Blocs one.

3 Likes

I’m impressed that Blocs can do this without addons and it’s really fast to work with. I wonder what the total investment in time and money is for RW users.

2 Likes

Even if it costs the same, being able to produce the same result out of the box is what impresses me the most! When I will get more time, I will actually try to create more difficult pages from Apple’s or other websites, because I didn’t have a goal to use all of the best features of Blocs.

3 Likes

That MacPro page is most impressive and quite a challenge.

Yeah, I agree! But I also hope Apple finally manages to upgrade it’s Mac Pro along with its web page in coming months!

I have a horrible suspicion that the new Mac Pro will be insanely expensive. I’m still working happily with my mid 2010 Mac Pro, which is still fast, even by today’s standards, but I suspect my next computer will be the highest spec Mac Mini when the time comes to change.

IMHO Apple have lost the plot on every product and service. Let’s hope their web pages remain outstanding.

I have to agree and I’ve not been too impressed by their quality control or customer service recently either. The idea of an iMac Pro that starts at almost £5K is just madness. A top spec iMac Pro is more than £12,500…

The new top spec Mac Mini is a little faster than my current computer, but only time will tell if it can handle the work and I doubt it will be as easy to expand. The iMac is no good for me.

Yeah, I agree with you.

I am using my still top of the line, but almost 2 years old 12-inch MacBook to do almost everything, except video editing, which I did on it before, but now switched to iPad Pro with LumaFusion.

Pricing of Apple’s products is mad these days.

I’m not able to purchase the single template :roll_eyes:

Hi,

I’m not selling this as a template. Sorry.

You should use that demo as a demonstration of what the standard Blocs app is capable of, and also how creative and technically competent that Eldar is, at creating beautiful Blocs web sites. He knows his stuff.

2 Likes