Are you upgrading to V5? (Vote)

Are you upgrading to V5? :slightly_smiling_face:

• Yes
  • No
  • I do not know

0 voters

2 Likes

Without doubt I’ll be upgrading tomorrow.

4 Likes

“I wanted it yesterday” :smile:

4 Likes

What a question. @Norm added so much useful stuff to Blocs 5… even more I could’ve asked, or even think of. Of course I’ll upgrade. If only to answer his question concerning google page speed compared to Bootstrap Studio :wink:

4 Likes

I don’t know, but I guess Norm is still not really rich, although he actually deserves it with this great product. He and his team have put in a lot of work and have again added great innovations. No doubt that I will buy this.

3 Likes

I am the ultimate end-user.
Yes, yes, yes, because I don’t have the coding prowess to get a website up and running on my own. Blocs is a leg up for me.

3 Likes

Yes, will be a great improvement for me - esp built in ftp, google font intergration and look forward to playing with CSS Grid - plus all those lovely little tweaks.

After moving away from Wordpress, Blocs has brought back the fun into building websites!

2 Likes

I would love to upgrade to blocs 5… but it gives me page 404 and I can’t upgrade.

1 Like

Probably, but I’m a little disappointed that it will only be licensed for a single computer. I love the flexibility of working on my office computer, and then being able to continue on my laptop with everything synced on Dropbox. @Norm, Will there be a workaround with something like a license manager?

It makes Blocs less viable for me (and I’m sure others), because I only really use it to maintain my own website.

4 Likes

You can easily install Blocs on 2 machines and simply deactivate your license on one machine when moving to another. It’s as simple as that. When you switch multiple times a day you must be a professional and getting two licenses shouldn’t be an issue in that case.

3 Likes

It’s not out yet. Almost. But not when you were trying.

1 Like

That’s something, but it does disrupt things from a UX point of view. I doubt I’ll remember to deactivate my license each time I leave the office. I would have preferred a nominal price increase to continue using the software on two computers.

1 Like

I’m doing the same with Parallels as their licence gives you only one seat as well. I’ve never run into the issue of forgetting to deactivate. After three times it becomes natural behaviour and saves you from buying an additional licence. It’s just my personal experience.

1 Like

Just upgraded my 4 Plus to v 5 Plus for just under €100. What a deal.

3 Likes

Of course, upgrade my blocs :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

DONE !! Upgrade installed. Not sure if I want to do PLUS.

If you do WordPress, then Plus is a real timesaver.
I do not need an app to design a Theme, or code it, but I use blocs as a “Figma substitute” mostly.
And the best is, once the design is approved by the client, I don’t need to start allover like I’d have to when using tools like Figma. I can just press the button and get a theme, which then I can further customize and optimise with Code.
This is really pretty much unique, and a huge time saver. Like from one week work down to few hours time saver.

Can only suggest it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I purchased V4 plus the main add-on, & only every got to test it out without ever building or publishing a site from it, so no I won’t be upgrading anytime soon. I wonder how many others there are like me?

Well, then you’re also able to upgrade to Blocs 5, as you’re actual state won’t change :wink:

1 Like

I was actually hoping for a more constructive input from a developer here than something snide with a winkie face.
For example a wise developer might consider costumers in my scenario who effectively have not used V4 but have paid in full for it, to offer V5 for a very minimal amount to retain them in the ecosystem. As I would be starting from scratch again & paying enough I would assume to buy V5 or a competitors software I may as well shop around again as I don’t have a pile of .blocks project files to keep me here.
The last time I was on here the developers were very sound and friendly, sad to see the little ego here at play.