Automatically changing background of a page

@Eldar
Wow - Great - and Thx!
Exactly what I (we) wanted.
If I have more time, I will try to implement it immediately.

A step by step video would be great, of course -
especially for the tablet and mobile view.
And … do not forget, to pack this into your upcoming video-course.

Many Thanks! :flushed:
Thomas

What am I doing wrong?
If I move the nav-bloc behind the carousel per minus-margin,
I see the menu no longer.

Thank you for an answer.

Is it visible when previewing in browser?

Before I write a lot,
I try to show you my way by video.
Many Thanks!

Sorry, dropbox link does not seem to work.
So I place the link in brackets, so that the link is not embedded here.
( Dropbox - My attempt.mov - Simplify your life )

1 Like

I do the same except I set the image, and preview the project in external browser (not inside the app)

[ Thank you very much for your reply …
Strange, because even if I use pictures and look the preview in a browser,
I see no nav bloc. ]

It works! … in the beta and the final version.
I found my error, I have to set in the nav-bloc “Display”: “Inline Blocs”.

But now I get a white bar on top,
that I can not get away no matter how deep I move the nav-bloc down.

Severe birth, at least with me :grin:

2 Likes

I got it …
You have to create a custom class for the “row” in carousel,
with a minus margin of 20 px.

Now I only have to understand,
as I got a fullscreen view
for tablet and mobile in the vertical view.

Thanks again to @Eldar

1 Like

@vandieck
That’s great.

I didn’t create the custom class for the ‘row’ though. I just set the -100px margin to the whole bloc, and I didn’t get any white lines. Obviously, the problem here is every time you need to edit the navigation bar, you have to go to custom class manager and remove the negative margin, then, when all editing is done, apply it again.

As for mobile and tablet screens, I would suggest to completely hiding this navigation bloc and creating the dedicated navigation bloc (without negative margin) just for these views.

If there will be any other problems, let me know! I love finding these solutions in Blocs!

Cheers,
Eldar

2 Likes

@Eldar
I am very happy to come back to your help offer.

Because, it’s not that easy - for me -
to find the settings for tablet and mobile
so that a vertical/horizontal view with Portraits-Pictures, also looks pleasant
… and the menu still remains transparent.

If I can make it, I will write it here immediately.
Until then … Cheers too!

@vandieck

At the moment, I am working on the next template for Blocs, but I will be happy to try to find a perfect solution over the weekend. I think I was able to get the menu transparent on mobile as well (even though I don’t think it that’s important on a mobile screen), but I will have to work on the full screen issue.

In any way, keep me updated on your progress.

Cheers,
Eldar

1 Like

Are you adding it in the global navigation area or or in the dynamic body? I did the negative margin in both and the carousel always hides it. :confused:

Hi @Eldar my friend, have you found solution on applying Fullscreen Carousel with navigation that you can share to me? I have project with this kind of design, hope you can lend me a hand :slight_smile:

Hey @mackyangeles, I didn’t find any other solution yet. Theoretically, you can follow the method in this thread, and then just build the separate full screen carousel with navigation for mobile, but it is not perfect.

Hello, sorry for late response. I missed it for some reason.
You are right, carousel hides it in Blocs, but when you preview it in the browser, it will be visible.

Hi!

Sorry for bringing up the old question, but would like to achieve the same effect (navigation bar floating over content like carousel with photos or so), but it seems that it doesn´t work in the v3 (3.4.3 to be precise).

Is there any workaround or solution to this?

Greetings…

Sorry to reply to this, but if you want to achieve the solution for the title request, I made a snippet in my site. Check here.

Hope it helps you…

3 Likes

I would echo the request. Edgar has great template called Inspiration - it would be fantastic if the background image can dissolve so you can change and loop like 4 photos - the menu on top as overlay and text would be great. I still could not find a solution for this. Any tips?

works like charm! :+1:

I’ve tried to edit the code to load a random background after refreshing the page, but I can’t make it work. Could you help with that? Thank you in advance!

Hello @csandik do you have the “Enable Lazy Loading” option enable when you export your website? If so… turn it off… and try please.