Baby user says "Hello!"

Hi forum!

There is a new kid on the block!
OK, at the biblical age of 48 I am not exactly a kid anymore but when it comes to blocs I am still at my baby stage.

My background is in marketing, business development and software development.
Not in programming but in requirement analysis and test management.

Building websites is more of a hobby.
For the last few years I have been using Rapidweaver.
Unfortunately whenever there was an (paid) update to Rapidweaver, I also had to pay for an update of the stacks plugin and the Blueball template and often for new stacks, etc., etc., etc…

For the one or may be two websites I am doing per year it was simply getting too expensive.

Therefore I was looking for a new tool for building my sites and coffeecup and blocs looked like the two most promising. Blocs was a tad bit cheaper… if I had waited another day it would have been a lot cheaper still… but I guess it is not a bad thing if Norm can have a couple of extra beers on me. Nothing like keeping the programmer happy :wink:

Expect questions coming your way, lots of questions, as I start with my first website ‘Built With Blocs’.

Cheers

4 Likes

@area49

Welcome onboard!

I’m sure you’re going to enjoy Blocs a lot.
You can of of course make beautiful sites out of the box with Blocs.
But it’s also possible to expand Blocs pages yourself by inserting HTML, javascript and CSS which doesn’t require any paid plugins.
There’s also possible to merge a Blocs site with a few CMS systems.

The possibilities are near endless… :+1:

Cheers

Welcome :+1:t2:

Welcome!

Found this a very helpful community myself, so don’t hesitate to ask for help.

1 Like

Welcome!

I have somewhat similar background to yours, and I was able to learn Blocs very fast. After you understand how each feature works, the possibilities are almost limitless!

Cheers,
Eldar

1 Like

Welcome!

Looking forward to see your first site build.

René

1 Like

@area49 You have made the best choice. Quite a few RW or ex-RW folk on this forum.

1 Like