Blocs 2.6.0 Beta Build 7

It was pushed a little early due to some GDPR issues for new customers. The main update will also include a patch update to take that version of 2.6 up to the latest build, I’m hoping to have it out in a few hours.

I still cant replicate this…

Ive made this more clear in the next release.

Very strangely, neither can I today.

This beta is repeatedly forgetting remote hosted video assets that are replaced by the blue sky scene when opening the app. They remain present in the asset manager, but when I go to a page with videos all the changes have been reverted.

Do you get the results with 2.5?

I haven’t tried it on this project, but it hasn’t been an issue previously. I just tried clicking away to a different page and when I came back the videos are still there but suddenly invisible, so you only hear the sound when they play. The problem with the blue sky seems to happen mainly after quitting the app and coming back later, however it’s fairly random.

Would you be able to share a few of the vid urls privately so I can run tests at my end?

I’ve sent those just now. For reference sake, I was using a four column video gallery bloc with the text option underneath.

Google just changed the lenght of meta Description: https://www.seo-united.de/blog/seo/google-seo-description-laenge.htm#more-42463
163 characters desktop, 130 mobile

OK that’s new, but it looks like there is still value in writing a description up to 320 characters, even if it is not shown in the search results beyond those separate points for mobile and desktop.

Yes, and the length could be changed by Google again, so the best way is to write the important keywords at the beginning of the description.

Per Moz:

Google announced in September of 2009 that neither meta descriptions nor meta keywords factor into Google’s ranking algorithms for web search.

Meta descriptions can however impact a page’s CTR (click-through-rate) on Google which can positively impact a page’s ability to rank.

For that reason, among others, it’s important to put some effort into meta descriptions.

In fact, a recent study conducted by Yoast showed most of the snippets Google shows are not from the meta description, but rather they are from the content on your web pages.

Anyway, back on topic of the Beta 7!

Link is not working for Blocs 2.6.0 Beta Build 7
BLOCS
THERE ARE CURRENTLY NO
BETA BUILDS OF BLOCS.

Try the latest version of Blocs

Thank you Norm :slight_smile: