Blocs 2022 - What would you like to see added next?

@Flashman - I totally agree. I had copied those folders elsewhere just in case before I began my “adventure”.

SMTP option in forms

4 Likes

An IP anonymiser, so that requests to third party servers can be sent without sharing any user identifying information. This would solve a lot of potential GPDR issues and remove the need for cookie banners in many cases.

Wouldn’t this be server level?

I think it can be done more simply and I’ve sent you a PM.

3 Likes
2 Likes

That would indeed need to be done at the server level, since logging into the access logs is done by the webserver.

• Been trying to find a clean way to add a custom audio player that matches the design of the rest of the site. Would be cool if Blocs had more media options outside the basic HTML player
  • Ability to change the column count for Masonry containers
  • Bootstrap Toasts
  • Ability to open multiple projects and copy/paste elements between them
2 Likes
  • Scrap the notion of a class editor, name it CSS Editor and let us just add any CSS elements we want in there.

• Simple templating right within the Bric Builder. For most use cases we just have a fixed structure that needs variables filled. Give 3 options for template placement head, foot, in place for easy tool building. I’ve seen it with my own cases. The overhead we currently have for building Brics is completely out of proportion for their benefit. It’s currently easier to add a dummy div and replaced that with a shell script after the site was generated. Offering templating in the way that the Bric Builder is suggesting by the way it’s presented, would open it up for a far wider user base.

• +1 for the robots.txt widget. Maybe with two tabs. One robots.txt with some pre-selectable common elements and a humans.txt for commentary on the site. I kinda like the idea of humans.txt. Having it right in an app would help with adoption and tell less tech minded people that these things exist.

SMTP option in forms!

4 Likes

In some other HTML/web editor I used/tried a while back, it could import any page (I told it to fetch somedomain.com and it pulled it in, not all subpages, but the direct/first one). It wasn’t perfect in parsing/understanding all, but it gave me a framework for reconstructing the page, and use that to create a new design.

Something like that would be cool. (But maybe difficult, unless the site being pulled is using Bootstrap?) Anyways, an idea … :smiley:

Hey, @Norm. Can we expect anytime soon the ::backdrop pseudo added to the class manager to use with the <dialog> HTML element?

I’d love to be able to see in the GUI of Project Settings what’s inherited/effective, for example with Typography, if I set text color while for All objects, then it’s shown as color black if I select any other breakpoint or object. Some visual clue that the setting is currently inherited would be awesome. (Ref. https://forum.blocsapp.com/t/project-settings-changing-theme-colors-gui-bug/) :nerd_face:

Also, when editing a class, if I happen to select a font, it should be possible to clear out that setting (getting the greyed out Helvetica entry back)? (I couldn’t figure out how.) :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It sure would be nice if we could select multiple blocs from the layer navigator in one go, so they could be moved or pasted to another location in one step.

Screenshot 2022-08-04 at 15.03.10

3 Likes

I know that blocs is all about bootstrap, but I would like to see a more agnostic builder that can leverage tailwinds css. If you were able to do a version of blocs (or perhaps even another app just for tailwinds) I think that is market for that. Maybe just a library of extension for tailwinds inside of blocs. a fun hybrid of sorts…

3 Likes

Hey, @norm. Sending emails is soooooo 2019 and often replaced with WhatsApp. It would be awesome if you could add to the button interaction menu an option to send a form via WhatsApp. Obviously, it can be done manually but don’t we all love tick-boxes! :grinning:

Kapture 2022-08-06 at 09.37.33

3 Likes

I am including a WhatsApp option on my website that simply links from a graphic icon, but on a practical level I would not want to reply to a long message on WhatsApp, because the messanger has that useless tiny window for typing.

Blocs could definitely use a WhatsApp Type interaction though. I currently use navigate to URL and add the number like this: https://wa.me/+44781000XXXX

Who will click on the link that obviously doesn’t work because it’s a fake number?

1 Like

You’ll have to send me a link to how you do this.

1 Like

File sent.

3 Likes

Never happy Jerry … :laughing: