Blocs 2022 - What would you like to see added next?

Though you’re right about the right-click menu (thanks for reminding me), it certainly wouldn’t have been my first choice to look there for that functionality. In hind sight I knew it was there, but (even though I’ve been using Blocs for a while now) I still don’t instinctively go to the right-click for that.

Since the basic navigation of both the canvas and the layer tree is DnD, it would only seem natural to expect to be able to move blocks the same way. And if it’s not available there, it certainly isn’t going to be immediately obvious you’d find it in the right-click menu.

1 Like

I really like your layer tree suggestion. So its a + 1 for me.

3 Likes

Hi Norm:

There is a long thread in this forum concerning Carousels.
Would like to see a Bric that functions something like Spline Carousel.
Or maybe Swiper…

Rich the Weather guy

1 Like

It would really help if the Image Asset Manager had a Zoom in / out feature, like the one MAC uses in finder and other apps? Not sure if that’s a lot of work, but it would be nice to be able to enlarge the images.

Ability to sort by Date, Name, Type, Dimension… etc.

Right Click on images to open in Finder or rename. Being able to click on the file name, so we could copy that would be good. We could then paste it in the ALT tag area.

5 Likes

Be able to move various Elements anywhere by using the mouse or pad.

Allow Blocs to export just one page or maybe a selection of Pages with something as simple as right click.

Have better control of the custom or saved Blocs and Brics. Things like easy add / remove. Sort by Date, Name … etc.

Fix the duplicate Page feature.

7 Likes

I absolutely want to see @PeteSharp 's modified Tab Scroller Bric so I can at long last use BS5. Impossible to use BS5 because that Bric only works with BS4. No other Bric on the planet can touch its importance in my book:

https://forum.blocsapp.com/t/re-tab-scroller-bric/10646/38

However, if the functionality of that Bric can instead be built into Blocs, such that it rescues everyone who uses Tabs in Blocs, then by all means, please add that in 2022!

It really is quite frustrating that we cannot link to Tabbed content without Pete’s Bric. And I’ve long wanted that Brice taken a step further, to not only link to specific Tabs, but jump to specific content within a large tab.

In other words, I should be able to create a link in Blocs that, when clicked, will jump to a particular tab, be that on the same page or another page in the site. And not only that, I want to be able to open the tab AND jump to specific content within the tab (like Anchors work).

All this is common sense stuff you’d expect to be able to do with Tabs but can’t.

Thanks, @Norm !

–James

4 Likes

I don’t think that’s been mentioned yet. More options for building Forms, e.g. file attachment.

5 Likes

Updates, new version continue for MacOS Mojave (essential)
WebP with a fallback for jpg

Okay there are no new wishes;)
Data, page management ala DW, GL
Creation of your own folders, restructuring of files with automatic path updates
Integrated FTP
Graphic overview of all files used
Opening of existing html pages and further processing

I am excited :christmas_tree:

6 Likes

@Norm but this only with Custom Field created with the Wordpress core function, right? I am creating the fields with ACF because it gives more possibilities like Repeaters etc.

3 Likes

A few things that would be on my wishlist:

• push notifications

• more e-commerce options (card etc.), perhaps as Bloc or bric

• form send with smtp settings, upload option

2 Likes

I love Blocs, thanks to @Norm outstanding work and constant dedication.

First my own suggestion:

• option-drag a layer in the tree to duplicate
  • find-replace Text across pages
  • when duplicating a bric (accordion), auto-enter unique ID
  • Asset Manager: Move/Copy/Paste between groups, select with cmd-clic (instead of having to enter Select Mode) or the other way around that’s simple click select the media and cmd-clic insert in the current Bric
  • Lorem Ipsum for fake text
  • BS5: auto-add jQuery when needed by a bric. (the checkbox in project settings does not work for me. Rather it works randomly).

More challenging:

• Open more than one project at the same time
  • Drag & drop or Copy-Paste between opened projects

Finally amongst those already mentioned:

+1 Right Click on images to open in Finder or rename. Being able to click on the file name, so we could copy that would be good. We could then paste it in the ALT tag area.

+1 A dedicated place to add custom CSS code, so no need to add it manually to the header section with a tag.

+1 Easier Manual Coding / Third-party integration (Nova in my case)

6 Likes

Forms that capture the sender’s IP address and includes it with their email

2 Likes

I just want to say: thank you Norm! :heart:

Wishing you & everyone a happy Xmas :christmas_tree: :santa: & a happy & healthy 2022.

Ros

6 Likes

Good suggestions :grinning:

Blocs has always had this, just not on embedded project assets. Try creating a project that uses linked assets and the asset context should have a show in finder option.

3 Likes

You’re right. Just that I would like to be able to edit or compress embedded assets… without upgrading to Blocs + :innocent:
Often it happens that I add bunch of photos in Asset manager and realize they are too heavy or forgot to resize them. I use Photoshop and other apps dedicated (ImageOptim). In the present situation I have to remove them and reimport modified assets… which is not an optimized way of doing

@svimic You could do what I often do. Run ImageOptim on the images after publishing. Just select all the images in the img folder - right-click and open with ImageOptim. Quick and simple,

3 Likes

Hi dear @Norm
I hope to see

• Mega menu
  • blocs tool to Customizing blog (Post/Page)
  • blocs tool to Customizing store
1 Like

You can already create mega menus. I think @Eldar may have a video on doing that over on Blocs Masters.

Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.

This is why I posted about implementing the feature of having a slide control in the image asset area. It would be cool to be able to view the images from large to small :slight_smile:

1 Like