Blocs 3.2.0 Beta Build 2

Here is the next build on Blocs 3.2. Aside from solo mode, this build mainly focuses on bug fixes.

More fixes on the way…

Download Blocs 3.2 Beta build 2

Modals
You can now create modals (popups) here is how you make them.

• Add a modal bric to the page, make sure it has an ID.

• Select a button, link, icon or image and set its interaction to modal and then find the target modals ID in the second dropdown below the interaction one.

• Enter preview mode and you will see the modal is hidden and will be shown when you click the trigger you assigned the modal interaction too.

Hiding Sidebars
You can now hide the entire Blocs UI apart from the menu bar at the top. There are various ways to do this,

• The main menu view > Interface contains options for hide/show them (includes keyboard shortcuts).

• Right clicking the sidebar tab area at the top of each sidebar gives you options to hide them.

• Right clicking on the design canvas, under the interface option on the context menu.

Well done.
scrolling issue with the modal is solved.
But the video sound is still playing when you close the modal.

Thanks for the great update again… but Solo mode ( great feature ) does not work overhere :frowning: select one thing: it expand in the layer tree and when you select a other bric it expanse as well, the first one does not close like in your video Norm
Somebody else?

solo mode seems to work only with blocs not with brics.
@sandy: what video have you seen?

Thank you @Norm
It’s so cool to have a developer that is always improving his work.

Yes it is! Nice Norm, love the keyboard shortcuts for the sidebars. The Solo mode is nice also. I guess the only drawback would be if your moving elements from Bloc to Bloc. On the other hand you know which Bloc your working with. (really cleans up your layer tree) It’s great to have options.

Thank You!
Casey

I’m at work so I can’t check right now, but can’t you select and deselect Solo Mode?

GOT it now, the solo mode is when you use the layer tree, I was thinking if I select something on the design canvas, that the layer tree would open, and the other close again…

It only effects the top bloc level, this is to prevent it getting in the way of moving elements in the tree ( most common within a Block)

Yeah the video issue is not a bug, bootstrap doesn’t handle that it would require a 3rd party solution they mention one in the docs.

Adding it into the Blocs core could be wasteful as not all modals or sites will contain videos so maybe I’ll include a knowledge base post on it.

@Norm

there is a big bug on inspector side in this beta.

when you open a page and you want to insert something from inspector a new bric. everything is mixed up. for example i want to use modal it shows me something different. i will send you video and bug report. it happens all the time. restart bloc and open same file for several time, and blank project to.

btw i like those icons when you inserting a new brick :smiley:

How are you selecting on the tree or on the canvas?

Are you talking about the Brics in the sidebar??

@Norm
hm not sure how you call it :smiley: so right side inspector and on bricks list. when you are adding brick through sidebar you will see there is problem. i just made you a ticket with video. it helps you to understand where the problem is :smiley:

this happen only trough sidebar not on a canvas directly.

Yup, just check this on and off.

Casey

If I try to change a Bloc’s id from footer to Footer it tells me the ID is already in use, even when it is the same Bloc.

Yeah that’s always been the case.

This used to occur with page names, but it was fixed in that instance.

Yeah, I’ll take a look tomorrow :pray:

@Norm I did notice one thing as I’m using the layer tree more. At the top of the layer tree navagator and page navigator turn blue to show what mode your using. The icons at the bottom are even smaller and it would be a nice visual if they showed the active state also. You now me…I’m all about the visuals. :roll_eyes:

Thanks
Casey

Earlier on I ran a check on my Blocs sites for SEO at https://sitechecker.pro/ and it revealed multiple H1 tags where there should only be one. I can’t see where that is coming from, unless it is picking up separate occurrences where I’ve created different hero blocs for each breakpoint.

Sure enough I just looked with an app called Robotize and it’s showing my main menu with header appears three times to search engine robots. Can we fix this? It only seems to happen with my Blocs sites.