Blocs 3.2.4 Beta Build 1

Hot off the heels of the release of Blocs 3.2.3, here is the next instalment of Blocs.

:sunglasses:

Blocs 3.2.4 beta build 1 has few minor improvements, the main one being light mode code input areas are now supported.

Blocs 3.2.4 Beta Build 1

5 Likes

@Norm thank you very much for this update :slight_smile: 10 change logs in 24 hours, the man who never sleeps :wink:

4 Likes

Add support for images, videos (mp4) and audio (mp3) as custom Bric include files.

I’m Curious how this works and how files are handled. Aren’t “includes” in Blocs added to the header of the page? I’m trying to wrap my head around what this feature is meant for. I’d love to be able to add media to the users image library for instance.

Me too. No idea.

Includes used to be handled this way, but depending on the file format Blocs now handles them differently. JS and CSS file get added to the head/tail, images get dumped in the img export directory, mp3 in the audio and mp4 in the video.

The main use case for this is if you link to resources in code snippets as they will not be picked up by Blocs export unless it’s a src attribute.

Hope that makes sense.

1 Like

Got it. —If I’m linking to images within code files this ensures they get exported. I have a great idea of what to do with this.

Are SVG files supported as well?

1 Like

Yes they are supported!

2 Likes

Surely you meant they are expertly guided to the optimal destination; delivering unprecedented levels of speed, reliability and Seo performance? That’s what my marketing department would say :wink:

In light mode the first item in the project window has text that is virtually unreadable.

screenshot_1326

If I go to a project and add an image bric with text it works normally, but if I click on an existing one there is no option to edit. It’s missing the fields in the side panel for the image selection, resolution, alt tags and text options. Effectively I have to delete and add a dozen brics from scratch here just to edit them.

screenshot_1327

I tried 3.2.3 and had the same problem.

This bric changed from old one so old one will not find options as it’s linked to older version. Just replace them with newer versions in older projects. Unfortunately just a side effect of all the work with those early Bric examples and the API.

Fixed up and ready.

1 Like

Any new exciting features coming up next?

If I hover over the logo text in a navigation bloc the colour changes, even when the interaction is set to none. Also the logo text keeps reverting to px in the side panel, even when I have adjusted it as rem.