Blocs 3.2 Beta Build 5

You ultimately figured it out, but I haven’t the faintest idea where to find this mysterious “Cache Bust” setting. Have a look…

It’s not here:

Not here either:

Not in any tab in Project Settings:

Not in Page Settings:

And help is no help at all!

Can someone PLEASE provide detailed STEPS?

Thanks,

James W.

It’s when you export your site.

Here’s the link to the help about this.
https://help.blocsapp.com/knowledge-base/exporting/
Casey

I always do Quick Export, and since the “Export Project” menu command makes no mention of “Export Settings” I naturally forgot to recall that particular “Export Settings” dialog box. Thank you for posting a screenshot. Not I just need to keep myself from forgetting!

At this point, I should make a feature improvement suggestion. I would love to see the Blocs “Help” menu tied in with the Blocs KnowledgeBase. I know it would take a lot of work, but please remember that a lot of apps do that. It saves a huge amount of time when you can get a quick answer from within the app, even if the app ultimately sends you to Safari to get the answer. Yes, I know we could just trot on over to the Blocs website and manually dig down into the KnowledgeBase that way, but it’s easier (really, it is) to click the Help menu in-app and type a word. How much easier? A lot! Trust me. It’s really that much faster.

Now, I’d like to talk about making a small but important improvement to the following page:

https://help.blocsapp.com/knowledge-base/exporting/#quick-export

Maybe my eyes are overlooking it, but I cannot see a passage of text that explain clearly that “changes to Export Settings will apply to Quick Export as well.” If that’s true (and I have always assumed it to be true), then such should be clearly and plainly stated.

Folks, can you please tell me if the following is a bug, because it certainly appears to be a bug to my eyes…

I get this dialog when I open a particular document in 3.2b5 (and yes, I’ve see this happen in earlier versions too):

But have a look at my Assets below. The graphic in question was there yesterday but I deleted it yesterday since I am now using an SVG instead. Suffice it to say, I was unpleasantly surprised when I opened the document today only to get an error dialog about that asset being missing, in light of the fact I deleted it out of my Blocs asset manager yesterday.

So the bug appears to be that even though I delete an Asset, Blocs still thinks it’s there or should be there, but somehow cannot find it.

–James

@Norm there is a problem, after install Beta 5 I loose all my Brics, even the core ones…
Can you help me please? And I even reinstall the Blocs3 base…

Also, one user comments about a possible bug in the following thread that I created yesterday:

Is it really a bug?

I still don’t know what he’s talking about regarding “slides” though. All I know is I get that silly “Freehand class” dialog way too much.

–James W.

Great way and easy to set active link color. Love this addition and the sub classes interface is more neat now.

Can the active class be set to other brics like accordian or tabs?

OK. This works on normal navigation bars but not with hero navigation.

I’ll get that fixed up.

I’ll check that, looks like you may have set the logo via project settings. I’m not sure if that is set up to sync with asset manager changes. Could explain this.

To be honest the export settings should also be in project settings. I’ve been meaning to add that, I’ll get that sorted.

As for the built in help search, Blocs already supports this but the export settings are on a sheet so they are not exposed to the help search. I’ll see if I can hook that up some how.

:scream:

Do you have any Brics in you your Brics directory in the app support directory for Blocs?

No, it’s blank as shown in this screenshot:

BTW are you still getting the odd selection on the sidebar tab icons in build 5?

If you are asking me, could you please link to the specific post where we previously discussed that? (I’ve seen more than one “odd” behavior so I need context to know what you are specifically talking about.)

–James W.

This one.

No i don’t when I chose the magnifier the only folder I have is that “arquivo” because before I realize that I don’t have any Bric I install that new one, and when I go there to edit it, I found that I don’t have any.

Well I can install all because I have a copy of all Brics that I purchased and get free in forum and 3’d sites, but I don’t have the core ones. Can you send them please so I install them mannually?

I can’t remember if there are more, but I can make new, and use the templates to achieve 5 or 6 of them. There are more?

But it is very strange, never happened before.

Ah, the little coiled snake problem! :slight_smile: No, I’ve not seen it yet in build-5, but it comes and goes, so please give me another 24 hours of testing to confirm.

Thanks,

James W.

Hopefully this will make it easier to find in future :wink:

(I’ll get build 6 out before end of week)

That makes more sense to have those settings there.