Blocs 3.4.1 just crashed on save!

In the last 3 weeks, I experience the same behavior on Blocs 3.4.1. It crashes on saves every 3 times when you hit save. I worked for 30 min on a page with lots of content, hit save and it crashes again. It’s ok when you have changed something small on your project but after 30 min and before deploying its frustrating.

So far I know 3.1 had the same things. It crashes on saves. And since Feb there is autosave in making :smiley: @norm :smiley:

That sucks man, sorry to hear you lost some work! :flushed:

Is the project big?

Nope just one page but use cases page :smiley: with lot of use cases haha.
Trying beta 2 will see how it works. I think there is maybe an issue with longer or bigger projects with lot of pages causing problems.

I think when you have a lot of assets and pages maybe impact on blocs performance. But this is just my assumption.

@norm. This has stopped with the last version. With the new version i have still crashes on every save. This must be related with bigger projects. Over 50 pages.

It’s really annoying to edit page every time after crash.

What exits are you making?

Same here. Just purchased 3.42. Crashes on save and losing work! Very frustrated. Alert freezes on ‘Blocs is working, this may take a few moments.’
MacOS Mojave: 10.14.6

I’ve seen that a couple times in the past but not for a very long time and I am running the same OS with 3.4.2. I wonder if there is something particular about your setup or the project you are working on. You should send in a bug report, plus the crash information if possible to help fix this https://help.blocsapp.com/knowledge-base/reporting-bugs/#bug-report-form

Sorry for the initial bad experience :disappointed:

Are you saving to an iCloud synced drive?

It sounds like you are experiencing an issue I’m still investigating but it’s so random and appears to resolve itself by a system restart it hard to track down. It doesn’t effect many users which makes it ever trickier to track.

A few things to try.

Restart Mac.

If that fails and you still get the issue, try saving to a none iCloud synced location.

If that fails, let me know and I’ll try to inspect the issue in more detail via our support desk.