Blocs 3.4.2 Beta Build 4

Hey everyone,

Here is Blocs V3.4.2 beta build 4, like the last few builds, the main focus is bug fixes and stability. I think this will be the last beta for 3.4.2, unless anything major comes up over the weekend.

Im hopeful Blocs 3.4.2 will be ready for public consumption early next week.

have a great weekend folks :slight_smile:

Download Blocs 3.4.2 Beta Build 4

7 Likes

Hey @Norm, firstly, thank you so much for the time you putting making a great app, and your responses to bugs and stability.

I have discovered an issue, if you have an open project and you open another one, it switches as you would expect, but the images get all mixed up with the previous project. I am not sure if anyone has reported this.

Its so weird seeing the images from the previously opened project populating the new open project lol. In ways you wouldnt expect too. I get my Logo image replaced by the background image of a bloc.

1 Like

Just tried this on a couple projects and had no issues here. I have seen a flash of a previous project at times in the past that looked like a cached preview.

1 Like

Ok. The wrong images stay for me. Even on preview.

1 Like

@Norm Thank you.
I’ll update today.
Have a good weekend

1 Like

Tested this some more. If I have a project open and open another by double clicking the project file or dragging the project to the dock icon it continues to show the old one now, whereas previously there would have been an abrupt transition. Now I have to flick between edit and preview or vice versa but everything is then correct.

3 Likes

I’ve had 1 report of this but not enough detail to track it down. Any chance you could make a screen cast and send it to me please?

I think seeing the exact steps performed will be a big help :+1:

1 Like

@Norm,

I have messaged you a link to a video.

1 Like

Perfect, thanks. I’ll take a look on Monday when back in the office :+1:

1 Like

@Norm,

Another bug? If I enter SEO Title it will add the title text into the navigation menu item for the page (including sub menu items). I am not using the Menu system, I have manually added the menu items.

I then have to edit the menu item text. That does fix it, but its a weird thing happening, especially when I am manually creating the nav items.

@Malachiman It’s been like this for quite a while now and I reported it some time ago. I agree it is a nuisance in terms of workflow. See here how about in the navigation menu became blah blah by changing the SEO title.

1 Like

The menu will only change if it is synced Are you saying the items are being changed when the menu is not synced with Menu Manager?

The menu is generally included in the top global area, but not selected to use in the primary menu. The source is set to none. Simply changing the SEO Title alters what appears in the navigation menu and subsequently has to be fixed via the appearance label.

If the data source is set to none I would have thought the Menu Manager being on Primary was irrelevant. That is how it used to work.

2 Likes

I tried it with anew project and can confirm this behavior.
Navigation source is set to NONE.
Changing the SEO title of the page also changes the name of the navigation item.

1 Like

If the data source is set to none. Nothing should change its values. I’ll take a look today.

2 Likes

All Fixed and ready for the main release of Blocs 3.4.2

4 Likes

I often like to experiment with font choices in project settings, so sometimes I’ll select one font at one breakpoint then a variant at another breakpoint and flick between them.

The problem is that when you decide on one you lose all ability to simply inherit the settings if you wish and they have to manually set at each breakpoint. I guess it would be better to experiment like this from the site panel, but I’d simply like an option to zap the font settings for say H3 or H2 then select something at LG and have them automatically default to inherit.

1 Like