Blocs 3.4.5. Beta Build 2

Hey everyone,

I hope you’ve had a nice weekend. Here is Blocs 3.4.5 Beta Build 2, this release is focused on stability and addresses a range of issues throughout.

Download Blocs 3.4.5 Beta Build 2

5 Likes

Thanks Norm!

Definitely going to give it a try.

Cheers!

Maxim

1 Like

I’m only getting about 40kbps or less while downloading Build 2. Very odd! At this rate it will take about 20 minutes to complete. I remember those dial-up days! (They weren’t the good old days, but I do remember them!)

It took an eternity to download, but Build2 is finally in my hands and I am happy to report it resolves the 400 error I reported in this thread.

I am also please to report that the Favicon problems in my existing document (not the one you fixed for me, Norm), are now gone too.

Great!

1 Like

I noticed this too, what I did was cancel the download, switch off WiFi then enable it again and it worked. So not sure it’s some kind of OS level issue. :man_shrugging:

I had to download a previous version to test an old project file the other day, same thing it crawled. I stopped the download and tried again, it was slow, but this time it downloaded.

And this beta on a 100Mbps fibre connection… :rofl::rofl:.

I think something is up with your host.

1 Like

I’ll take a look today :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I never reported it at the time (the other day with the old Blocs version), because the internet is the internet and only expected it to be an intermittent issue. (unless you moved to Windows servers :crazy_face:)

I had WIFI off at the time. I am using wired Ethernet on my iMac. Fiber optic line to the internet with over 300Mbps speeds.

1 Like

Mine was fast and normal. Downloaded about 5 minutes after the link went live. Trying now and it is slower. Telling me it will take about 10 minutes.

Just tried via iPad, MacBook is too far away and it took maybe 10 secs. So it’s improved a lot.

Hello @Norm,

only want to let you know, that I still have a lot of crashes with the actual version, similar to this post Blocs 3.4.1 just crashed on save!

1 Like

Are you testing out the betas to see if they are crashing?

Norm, the beta crashes the same way. 3.4.5 (2). I Know when the crash will happen, because the app behaves very estrange: change font size do not respond… When import a image, it enters on the asset manager with the original name file, but the preview is of the image beside. When try to edit a class, the parameters do not enter…
When it happens, its better do close the project, without trying to save and open again, save with another name…

But, already happened to save with a new name, and when open this new file, there is no data, like if it was a new blank project.

Yeah that sounds like the app has completely crashed but is hanging in. I’m still not sure if it’s caused by notarising the app which is a new requirement for Mac apps.

It’s also not a wide spread issue, which makes it harder to track down!

Hello @Norm,

yes, I get the same crashes on 3.4.4 stable, 3.4.5 Beta 1, Beta 2 and Beta 3.

I get the cashes some time after selecting something in the Layer Navigator.

Are you working on a specific project or multiple ones?

It’s pretty solid for me on Mojave.

1 Like

I had that problem a long time ago, what I noticed when the application was hanging was when I used many commands in a row !! … but it has not happened!

1 Like