Blocs 3.4!

@Norm No, I didn’t. I had plenty of work so i did not test betas.

Another thing that happens all the time is when you have paragraph bric. And some text inside and try to copy that content. App crash.

Untitled.mp4.zip (1.6 MB)

Reason for crashes i have found. Its custom html bric. When you have included iframe from figma. It slows the app and leads to regular crashes. I have removed that part and now its ok. But the crash above is still remain. See video attached.

the problem is now to go back to early version since the project is saved in new version. Am i right?

Figma Embeds are crashing the app?

I’ll have a beta out in a few hours of 3.4.1 you can wait and try that if you like?

Also do you get the copy and paste issue with fresh projects?

Yes like prototype Figma embeds. It slows the app really. And it crash from time to time. Not sure why, because it is a simple iframe. But when the preview is on it crash. When the preview is off and you export the page. Embed is not showing on the page.

But regularly js embeds or other code in custom html bric it shows by exported webpage.
Strange behaviour. Its something with Figma self. I think.

About fresh projects.
I did not tested with fresh file. Will do. Only with the main file that am working since the 3.0 is out. Never had that experience. I tested only once beta 3.4 build 6. But wanted to wait for the major release.

1 Like

Did you try adding a HTML, setting it to not preview in app and then adding the figma snippet?

I dont get crashing when copying text from any bric. Im wondering if this is system related, do you have any kind of 3rd party apps managing your paste boards?

Also could you send me a copy of the project file and I’ll see if I can replicate the issue at my end.

Nope nothing that controls paste boards. I have send you an video above. So thats whats happen. And i just worked on one page. Since we are starting to work with NHS and GP records in UK. We needed to change some copy in order to tell people how to download their GP records.

It was just one line that i wanted to change. I clicked on h2 selected and before i had a copy a new content. Wanted to paste/change the content inside and it crashes. I have try to do it 5 min before couple of times and nothing happens. So not sure what the problem is. I dont think thats is related to another project file. That cause me problems with freezes and crashes.

Is it possible that blocs is something like in remember phase from previous project file :D?
I don’t thinks so or do we have Blocs AI :smiley: that start to think and handle on his own way :smiley:

For now it is ok. Will try to see what will happen following days.

Thanks for your time

1 Like

If a previous project crashed blocs anything is possible to be carried on to another.

1 Like

Update: It seems thats the problem maybe Since the snippet code is removed. Blocs app is stable now. No freezes or crashes. Figma …

1 Like

yeah, sounds like it.

Hello,
same here. Unfortunately it is impossible to work, because it crashes all the time and I can not update our website :frowning:
Would be very grateful for help
thanx

Did you try the beta for 3.4.1?

Yes I tried 3.4.1, but Blocs still crashs just typing one letter…

Does blocs crash even if you open a Completely new project?

Ok, getting used to 3.4.1 now.

What’s going on with the Classes window? Used to be that you could simply start typing and it would cycle through existing classes or allow you to create a new one. Now it only accepts one character before it stops and creates a class you have to rename in the Manager. Also browser preview seems much longer than it was in earlier versions.

Both issues may be related to Catalina. Do you get the class issue in a new project? I’m not able to replicate that issue, but have had about 3 reports of this so far?..

Works like it should on Catalina 10.15.1 beta 2 here.

1 Like

It doesn’t happen with a new project just an existing one that’s been adapted to work with 3.4. The work around I’m using is to hit space then return and that prompts a list of existing classes to choose from. Not ideal, but ok for now. Any idea of why the previews are longer now.

Not sure. Could you please send a copy of the project and instructions on what element you are trying to add a class to. You can send all details to me directly via for private messages.