Blocs 4.1.1 Beta Build 2

Folks, when you notice missing ID , could it be that they are from pages or Blocs that have been duplicated?

The only time ID are tweaked is when an object or page is duplicated.

I think it’s happening in areas that may have been moved, but not duplicated. It sounds as if others may be experiencing this more than I do though.

No, the missing ID I had yesterday in the modal was a new project that only had 1 page so far.

1 Like

I actually wish Custom Blocs could maintain IDs when saved. There are times where I want to use IDs for targeting.
This is where keeping the IDs on duplication would be neat too. Maybe it slows the app down to much to check for duplications when adding a saved bloc ??

I should say that the problem is not restricted to Modals, but by far it afflicts Modals most of all.

In my situation, it is never the case that the ID already exists. It is always the case that the ID gets wiped, and any code I have that references the said IDs breaks until I find the item that lost its ID and type the same ID back into the right sidebar.

I also need to repeat that I often DUPLICATE existing pages to make it easier to build a new page, and when Modal IDs get wiped, it’s often after I duplicate a page and work on that duplicate for a while. So I am guessing that Blocs gets its brain twisted when the duplication happens. There should never be two IDs that are the same, so maybe Blocs is wiping all of them? It seems like not because after I duplicate a page I check the original page and the IDs seem to all be there, but later in the day I find something broken and sure enough the root cause is the ID got wiped.

If we can lockdown the planet over COVID-19, surely we can lockdown IDs! It’s best to find the root cause of the bug, to be sure. But if that can’t happen, than a Lock or Protect checkbox workaround would be nice.

All said, when I type an ID for an item, I would like the freedom to change that ID in the future, but I never want it wiped unless I am the one who double clicks the content of that ID field and hits the delete key.

Thanks to one and all for chiming in on this problem. I had a gut feeling I wasn’t alone in seeing the problem.

This a Blocs 3 website imported to Blocs 4.1. I am converting it to Volt CMS. I am on the newest OS Mojave.
The 3 images show before and after. I am renaming my groups to know which ones I want to duplicate.They are using on page Anchor ID’s. When I rename them they are reset to ‘group’. My methods may not be the most elegant solution in general. I do not know. Only an example. I understand a little why they are reset.

thats fixed and ready for build 3

This is also patched in 4.1.1 build 3

@eldar @JDW @Flashman @pumpkin @rojharris @PeteSharp @BAM

In 4.1.1 beta 3 I have made the following improvements.

1. ID’s are no longer wiped on elements when you duplicate a page.
  2. ID’s on modals are now auto updated to prevent conflicts when they are a child of a duplicated element (Bloc, row, column).
  3. I’ve not tested this, but they should also stay hooked up when you store modals and trigger buttons in custom Blocs.

I’m just getting this build prepped for release in about 40 mins.

5 Likes