Blocs 4.1.1 Beta Build 3

Thank you for testing! Yes, both of those bugs I just reported have been around for a long while. I was just curious if Mojave users can also see them, as that would be sufficient justification for me to officially file a bug report. Mojave is supported by Blocs but High Sierra is not.

While drag and drop is a great workaround, it still would be great if the bug I mentioned could be fixed. When you click on a square in the right sidebar that normally holds an image, you would then expect Blocs to use that same square when you later click on an image in Asset Manager. That works as expected for the 1x, 2x and 3x image squares in the right sidebar, but it doesn’t work for the Lightbox Alternative image square, unfortunately.

So, Mojave users (or Catalina or Big Sur), it’s your turn now! :slight_smile:

1 Like

one common issue is full stop at the end of sentence always go right.
trick for me was to use number 0 which in arabic close to dot to end my sentence.
but overall you cants close sentence with full period, ever.

Does switching to RTL in project settings help?

Screenshot 2021-03-03 at 13.56.32

1 Like

It is indeed inconsistent, it’s caused by the fact the class editor can be freely left open. In future it’s most likely that all images will need to be dragged into place in order to set them.

I’ll take a look.

1 Like

Thats fixed and ready for the next release.

3 Likes

On fire as usual! :fire:

1 Like

Folks, I should also mention another bug here rather than in a private bug report because I’d like some of you to confirm the bug on your machines. The reason that kind of testing is important is because I’m still using the best MacOS version every made — High Sierra. But if you Mojave, Catalina, and Big Sur users see the bug too, then I will be relieved because it’s been a true thorn in my tender flesh for a very long time.

Despite having this setup correctly…

…whenever I have Asset Manager open and then click on a 1x or 2x or 3x image box in the right sidebar, Asset Manager refuses to scroll to that graphic, forcing me to manually search for it via searcher in Asset Manager. A lot of my work is manipulating images, so it’s a waste of my time that particular feature is broken.

Your kind help in verifying this bug in newer versions of MacOS would be greatly appreciated!

I’m on Big Sur 11.1 and it seems to be working fine here. When I select a different resolution I still get the scroll (more like jump) to asset.

1 Like

Thank you for testing, @Whittfield!
Good for you. Bad for me.

Now we just need a Mojave user to confirm the same problem so the bug can be fixed and my High Sierra life can continue! :slight_smile:

Sorry, but I have more bad news. I just tested it on my MBP running High Sierra 10.13.6 and it scrolls for me. as I select each resolution it scrolls to the image in asset manager.

1 Like

@Whittfield beat me to it. :slightly_smiling_face:
I too tried it on HS and it works for me too.

2 Likes

Please accept my humble thanks for testing, but here’s my proof on video…

All of those images are Locally saved on my late 2015 5K iMac’s internal Apple 1TB SSD.

1 Like

I am on HS 10.13.6 as well, ( my OLD buddy from 2010 :smiley: 27" 1TB SSD ) 4.1.1b3 works the way it should, I tried 5 different projects all scroll to target in the asset Manager.
I also tried MB-pro (2012) Catalina 10.15.7 all OK

I certainly appreciate the testing.

Here’s the deal. “Asset Manager scroll to asset” works perfectly in fresh, new documents for me. But in my existing documents, all of which were created in early versions of Blocs 3, the broken functionality you see in my video is what I see.

Clearly, something was saved in my documents that is blocking that function from working. All I want is some magic pixie dust to fix my documents so I can use Blocs like the rest of you!

1 Like