Blocs 4.1 Beta Build 3

Most likely not. I have it on Big Sur randomly as well. As there’s no logic in when it happens it’s difficult to do a bug report other than sending a picture to @Norm

1 Like

Is the UI overlap glitch new? Or have you seen this in earlier releases?

I’ve noticed it from the first 4.0 release. It started with the classes field and had it randomly with the typeface dropdown.
having said so, I’ve not seen it happening so far on b3.

@Norm found a little bug.
In Class Editor I typed a Number by accident in the name field and got the error-message “class names can’t start with a number”. After clicking ok, the button “Done” disappeared. I had to close the project to get it back.

2 Likes

Regarding the overlapping UI elements, I’ve experienced the same thing. It appears to be intermittent, at least for me it is. I can’t consistently reproduce it but when it happens, it happens consistently until I close Blocs and restart it.

Also regarding the class editor (as @benfluri mentions) I see something similar. The “Done” button doesn’t disappears entirely, the button remains but it’s background becomes transparent, and it remains transparent regardless of class until Blocs is restarted. I see this happen in v4.0.4 and v4.1.0-b3. See attached image below.

Btw… Now that this is brought up (regarding the class editor), I sent a bug report about the subclass fly-out not closing and the link button for the guide not working - and again, this happens in both (v4.0.4 & v4.1.0-b3)

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 12.18.27 PM

3 Likes

I’ve patched up the done button issue. I’ll look into the rest.

2 Likes

On a side note … can we have a shortcut back to open the code editor window? Pretty please? :no_mouth:

3 Likes

@Norm,
Regarding what I wrote here in the 4.1b1 discussion, I see today that you improved 4.1b3 by using “font-display:block;” in all.min.css as a part of the FontAwesome version update — THANK YOU! However, the Blocs-generated style.css still does not have font-display:swap; added to the @font-face section. That means Google Page Speed Insights will still flag the page content and reduce the score accordingly. I explain the reason why in my earlier post.

Hey @Norm,

My contact form failed to work after using Build 3. I had to remake the whole form to get it working again.

I was getting a 500 error on submission. Working fine after a re-build.

1 Like

Yikes!

Looks like copy classes has the same shortcut. I’ll get that fixed up for tomorrows B4 release.

1 Like