Blocs 4.2 New Features - Poll

It’s just a fun poke at the competition. All in fun.

In the Poll above Bootstrap 5 (not even official) is “neck and neck” with a rather significant enhancement. Performance should rightfully take the crown, and I don’t generally make such bold statements, I typically leave room… but in this case it’s just not even close :smile:

Of course this is my opinion, professional or not it’s still just an opinion (which is why I laugh).

3 Likes

That makes sense now.

1 Like

What are your thought regarding my request?
Add the the ability to control any element’s (text, image, video, card, carousel… ) style `.object-*

Sorry, I don’t really understand what it’s asking.

I suggest posting that separately where maybe it can be explained and you can gain support for the idea. It’s going to get lost in this thread because this is specifically about Norm’s poll request. Generally when a dev puts out a poll like that, she or he is prepared to perform one of those specific tasks for any number of reasons.

You just want to make sure it’s on the radar and that conversation can be had, but it’s not going to replace anything in the poll. Start a new thread and try and get some support for the idea. Once it’s explained well you can tag Norm and get some feedback.

Hope that helps.

I replied to you in a PM.

I’m right with you on this, performance all the way. Blocs is already really quick but anything Norm and his team can do to squeeze out more speed, the better :+1:

1 Like

More of wordpress elements please!!!

3 Likes

Hi @thienandoanta,

Welcome to the Blocs Forum! Don’t be afraid to ask questions, no matter how simple… my experience is that you will always receive help.

Hi @Pikous,

I had thought I’d like to see HTML import too, for the convenience of converting a batch of older HTML sites quickly into Blocs but I’m guessing that once you have imported any existing sites and effectively converted them to Blocs, this feature would likely not be used a lot!

I’m also guessing that, as many other apps produce many varieties of not necessarily strict HTML coding, the work involved in even coming close to achieving this could be a lot more bother than it’s worth.

With a batch of only about a dozen HTML sites which I’d want to convert myself, I actually think I would learn a lot more about Blocs by re-doing each from scratch!

2 Likes

Hi,

as a photographer I would very much welcome some new features for Galleries, Lightboxes and Carousels… I do understand that this may be not a priority for many of you but I do still believe that its time for some updated solutions (even better if they can be included in the Wordpress Themes, avoiding like this to look any further for third parties Plug-ins)… [Hope I was able to be clear enough with my english :wink: ]

5 Likes

Just make sure that 4.1 is ironed out first as it is still buggy. Coming from Adobe, you need more beta testing time and releases. New features are great, but if it means still having a platform that is not running at its optimum, then it will still be the same. How about giving Solis some care and attention, think the idea of running it perfectly in sync with blocs would make a great pairing.

We test for 2 weeks internally and 4 weeks publicly, depending on the amount of features being added. Once the major issues are addressed we get the app live.

I hope you take the opportunity to help test.

This time around we pushed a little sooner as we had to address various issues with M1 Macs.

We also have plans for Solis, stay tuned on that one.

Did you report them?

1 Like

Wow, that would be nice.
Casey

1 Like

Hopefully a really simple one is to select multiple items within the organiser tree or on the work area to apply simple settings, eg, styles, animation, scroll fx, etc…

2 Likes

Of course, will be glad to spend time testing. :+1:

Yes, I completely agree with this one, and I’m sure others could benefit from this as well. I often find myself trying to multi-select items in the tree and canvas so I can apply something to all, such as add a class, or even delete. This could be a time saver, instead of having to select individual items one at a time and execute.

Agreed, such as changing a selected 3 or 4 paragraphs to headings or different colours @Norm

I think it’s great idea. There is no such solution out there.
For once I though maybe Solis would be good start. But I really like to open my current website which is not blocs tech to import into blocs, adjust, change, improve and then export. Any one think this could be done?

Okay here is a big one, the ability to choose more than one item in the Asset Manager (images) and delete them. Why one by one, I don’t get. If Blocs does do multiples, its not easy and I can’t figure it out.

Already possible

https://help.blocsapp.com/knowledge-base/asset-manager/#removing-assets