Blocs 4.3 Feature Teasers

Blocs 4.3 is coming and we will be posting teaser videos for many of the new features on our Twitter and Facebook starting today :partying_face:

14 Likes

New feature #1 Quick Preview in Browser.

8 Likes

For sites that were made in version 4.1 and given the new features, I guess there will be an impact if we have to rework a site online for a redesign of the website no?

That would depend on the featureset being announced for v4.3. For the quick preview (announced today) no changes would be required.

1 Like

Blocs v4.2 is most likely the biggest change of this nature, adding Bootstrap 5 and rewriting the Blocs.js to vanilla JS is a huge change regarding how Blocs sites work.

As for all new V4 features going forward, some are small some are large but all will be optional and in most cases improve productivity rather than making major changes to the code Blocs sites run on.

I hope this helps.

7 Likes

Feature #2 Visual Impairment Design Mode Filters

4 Likes

Well now I understand the translations :rofl: as I couldn’t bake any cookies out of it. :cookie: :cookie:

3 Likes

Hey everyone just a quick note regarding V4.3.

Previously we have had open votes for new features in Blocs. We still think this is a great idea and love the discussion it creates, however, for Blocs V4.3 we did go off track due to the blockage V4.2 created to our release schedule.

Anyway, voting will return for Blocs features later in the year :raised_hands:

6 Likes

I really don’t mind, since this obviously also created some “creative freedom” and leadway to add stuff we didn’t even think about in previous voting rounds. I’d even go as far as to suggest to do this every other release. And as always, thanks for your continuous effort in making our favorite design tool even better!

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/blocsapp/status/1394599251456536576

3 Likes

If that works well with languages that have lots of diacritics as French (which I use a lot) then @norm should become president! :fr: :pray: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Feature #4 Multi Image Drag and Drop

9 Likes

This drag text from external word processors is one of the most important feature I believe Blocs was missing since the beginning.
Thank you for hearing us Norm. :smile:

Does the mean that the formatting will be retained when using this feature?
Will Command C / Command V work as will?

That’s awesome for carousels with 10+ images. Looking forward to trying that one out. Will it work with images dragged from the finder or only through the asset manager? Either way is fine by me.

1 Like

These new features and more to completed are like getting a new version of Blocs! :smile:

1 Like

It works with Finder images also.

1 Like

I’m afraid current the formatting is still stripped out. But I’ll see if I can improve that once 4.3 begins testing.

Btw copy and paste also works, it even wraps code into html widgets, but it’s done that since Blocs v4 shipped back in 2020 :sunglasses:

1 Like

Feature #5 Open Menu on Hover

5 Likes

Would this feature work if we have custom made content? Ex. Mega Menu

1 Like

Any chances to get a Filtering for Galleries in Blocs 4.3 ???