Blocs 4.4.1 Beta Build 1

Hey everyone, here is the first beta of Blocs 4.4.1.

Over the coming months the plan is to issue regular patch releases addressing any new or outstanding issues and get Blocs running better than ever.

Happy testing folks and have a great weekend : :beers:

Download Blocs 4.4.1 Beta Build 1

Don’t forget to hard reload your browser, if the beta doesn’t show!

5 Likes

Hi, @Norm. The double character issue seems to remain a though :cookie: :thinking:
Kapture 2021-10-08 at 20.14.44

EDIT: Intel Only

2 Likes

All fixes are noted in change log.

1 Like

It’s very useful having the option to right click an item and exclude from export, however it only becomes evident this has been chosen on the canvass when selected to reveal the red banner, otherwise it looks like any other element.

I wondered if this could have some kind of subtle marker that is always present on the canvass to avoid mistakes. At the moment something might be omitted in error and fail to be published.

2 Likes

I’m planning on adding something to the layer tree too. It defo needs a little extra something.

3 Likes

I have just had that saving issue for 8th time with this beta and the project is still outside iCloud. Should I send in the Blocs Status Report? The only consistent behaviour I can link to this so far seems to be lots of text editing changes, including undo actions. There may also be a link to auto backups.

2 Likes

Yes please

1 Like

Hi Norm,

Quick question : have you been able to resolve the background image issue ?

It appears to have just happened to me. I decided to clean up unused classes and once done: background images were no longer visible in design mode, preview and exported.

Cheers
MDS

1 Like

Just found it’s possible to right click and select an entire bloc to exclude from export, however it seems to do nothing.

1 Like

Oh really I’ll check that.

1 Like

It’s still being looked into. Some bugs take a little longer to find the cause.

1 Like

Hi Norm,
No problem I understand. But since I never had the bug before and the only thing I did before this happened is to delete unused classes it might help you pinpoint the issue. Fortunately, I was able to restore a previous version. Interestingly, I had to go back at least an hour of versions back otherwise the problem would still appear.

Cheers,
MDS

2 Likes

Hey @Norm! Any plans for adding built-in PHP in the next beta to render Live Previews? It looks like macOS Monterey is getting close to release.

1 Like

There are a few options, but I’m still not sure which is best.

It’s likely PHP purport will come shortly after Monterey is released.

2 Likes

If I set a border radius at say 1 em and change the state, it visually stays the same on the canvass and the number stays the same, however the class editor defaults back to showing px every time I change the state.

I also find that I sometimes have to input value settings manually and hit the enter button to take effect, even if they are visibly present already.

state

1 Like

Since installing this beta I’ve been working on an old project today and a couple times Blocs has told me there are bric updates available, but when I open the extension manager it says there are none and everything is up to date. It doesn’t happen every time but seems to occur if a Blocs has been closed for a few hours then reopened. I saw this once yesterday as well with another project.

4 Likes

I’m a with you on this one @Flashman, it is so annoying.

2 Likes

Could you please generate a system report directly after the double character and send it my way via a forum DM please.

1 Like