Blocs 4 and Wordpress version compatability

Hi, does anyone know if Blocs woks with the latest Wordpress 5.6?

I have installed the Blocs plugin and it says it is untested on this version.

I am unable to connect Blocs to my test Wordpress site on Mamp, I also tried connecting to a Wordpress site running on my Synology server without success.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

It should be fine with a live site and Blocs is simply exporting a theme. Make sure the developer plugin is installed and active.

As long as you have the right url in project settings it should preview correctly. My server is LiteSpeed cloud based and I don’t know if your server is particular in some way.

I also had issues with MAMP and I believe it is a port issue. My hope is that more documentation will be available before long that answers some of these issues.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, the developer plugin is installed. my server is on a local SynologyNAS. Still getting this Screenshot 2020-12-13

did you manage to get it to work with MAMP?

Yes I did, but I had to add a port number to the url inside Blocs and I gather it would have caused some link issues on the final domain if I had gone ahead and developed the site that way, so I switched to a live domain instead.

I am waiting for @Norm to let us have some more detailed documentation on this so that we can work with MAMP more easily.

Just a side thought, but make sure your wifi is switched off if trying to connect via MAMP, otherwise I think Blocs will first look for the location online.