Blocs is Evolving

This is still in the works, but there are apps on iOS that can run php.

So it’s possible.

More on that soon :sweat_smile:

An app example.

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to it.
I want to use it quickly.

1 Like

@Norm Will the plug-in environment be supported? I have heard from other apps with a 3rd party ecosystem that it is not possible to register add-ons.

Looks like a yes.

5 Likes

Missed that, thank you!

1 Like

Will my iPad Gen 6 be good enough, or do I need to evolve that too? :grin:

EDIT: oh I see you had it running on an iPad Air 2, that’s a A8x if I’m not mistaken, and mine is the A10. So I should be sweet?

1 Like

Yeah I think you should be ok on that. I don’t want to hype it up to much on older iPads (as this could change), but I was shocked at how well an almost 10 year old iPad could run Blocs. It’s just weird to see such a beat up old device, thats super thin run an app like Blocs.

It’s also very nice to have the ability to build something on iPad sat on a chair in the sunshine in your garden and then later on pick the project up on your Mac and continue building it.

3 Likes

I love the Ipad, but I’ve never been a fan of actually doing work on it. To me, my Mac seems like home. Now that we travel a lot, it would be awesome to bridge the gap between the two devices finally.
I look forward to the journey, EVOLVE!

Casey

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s my kind of language. :desert_island: :smiley: Next to the pool :swimming_man: under my coconut tree :palm_tree:, ditto cocktail with little tourist umbrella :coconut: :cocktail:

3 Likes

Sounds like hard work :smile:

1 Like

Congratulations @Norm very well done.

1 Like

Before we all go cuckoo, I would prefer if developers would update their Brics for use with BS5 (see pictures)
Yours Truly
The party-pooper

brics_02
brics_03

1 Like

From that list all of our Brics support Bootstrap 5. You may need to re-download them from the store and install them over the top of the old ones if they have been on your system a while and are the versions that came before in-app update was supported.

Image with Text
Countdown
Random Text

Code Embed
Image Compare

Masonry Gallery (is now built in so you uninstall it and restart Blocs that should install for you, if it doesn’t let me know and I’ll send you a copy.).

As for the rest you would need to chase the developers, it’s also worth noting devs don’t need to do anything to bring stuff to iPad :slight_smile:

I will :wink:
Thanks for the clarification and keep on the brillant work.

1 Like

There are quite a few Brics that most likely will never be updated.
If it really annoys you (like it does to me) there’s a little trick to get rid of the warning.
In developer mode go to Bric Builder, select the Bric and set the framework to “all”. After pressing save the Bric will be unflagged.

3 Likes

And I got actually 2 coconut trees in my garden :palm_tree: :palm_tree: :grin: My everyday challenge is choosing under which to sit… :thinking:

2 Likes

I tested my two brics shared in the forums: Badges and Snowflake. Snowflake works fine as it is a JavaScript plugin.
I just found out that Bootstrap 5 changed the class name for Badge colors after building my recent template :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I think you’ll want to reinstall TextBloc and Scroll FX Extras. All my brics have BS5 support for some time now.

Get them from your Gumroad account. (If you’ve never logged in just use your same email address and reset the password.)

3 Likes

Yup, I just downloaded them and and it worked fine.

Thank Casey

1 Like

Norm, have you blended Blocs and Solis together for the iPad app?

Looks very Impressive!

2 Likes