Blocs Page Password Protect App

Hi @AdieJAM, @vibralogix has a written a manual on how to implement in blocs. You can find it on their website.

I just finished the implementation on Volt Protect to password protect pages, also with checking permissions of the logged in user.

Open the Volt CMS demo website and make sure you are not logged in. Open the Protect page from the menu bar. You will be redirected (server side) to the login page. After successful login, you will be redirected to the protected page and are able to see the content.

This functionality will get into beta test this week.

Cheers
Jannis

4 Likes

Hi Jannis,

GREAT stuff ! am i right in saying then, I could build a page as normal and not in a Blog or CMS and still bring in the Protect Page into that page? and can i have several of these on a website, if a client has say 10-20 and maybe 30 of these pages they want to password, can i do this?

Also can i fully style the password pop up with button style in using within the site and maybe their font style header so it matches the site?

Hi Jannis @Jannis

I made sure I was not logged in the demo site and as instructed clicked on Protect form the menu bar.

Entered username and password as instructed and was redirected to the Protect Page where I can indeed see the content however it appears I can also edit the content.

Is this normal behaviour ?

If the Protect Page was, let’s say, a Member protected page I would not want members to be able to modify the content.

Thanks
MDS

1 Like

I will make sure to have this covered also during the test phase. Cheers!

1 Like

This page protection is integrated in Volt CMS, so that must be present in the project.

Yes.

Yes.

3 Likes

Password Protect App doesn’t work anymore… AND why is it still on the Blocs Store?? Such a waste of £4.29 and MY TIME!! a pain in the bum - as I thought this would be a solution for me and now have to find an alternative - why isn’t this feature just not built in to Blocs 4?

Hi @garethjp yeah, I did look at this - but then chose to go another direction from advice from a friend on here.

For password protected pages I have 3 options now.

1. Password protect pages within your host package - and add a username and password.
  2. Buy the Brilliant VOLT CMS from @Jannis which you can protect pages now - this always works great and can fully customise the login button and style and this will give you much much more !! Blog feature and CMS - which has so far worked like a dream and my client was blown away! Jannis is an active member here - and he will assist in anything you need.
  3. I also have used SiteLok from Adrian at Vibralogix - Buy Membership Software and Systems Online UK | Vibralogix its a little more complex - but again - works very well.

3 options…all 3 work well.

@Norm - can this Bric that @garethjp paid for be deleted from the store - I nearly bought this in the summer but on trying to ask BlocsGuy if this was still working, after several messages, emails and contacts via other forms on the internet I was left with no reply - so If this is the one from Scott - I think he has vanished and not really supporting his brics etc. I did see he had a thank you in the Blocs 4 name list, so maybe if you have contact with him - give him a nudge!
Maybe drop everyone an email to update their brics to Blocs 4 ready if they no longer work.

@garethjp - it might be worth who you paid for - to claim the money back, if on a credit card you can claim it back etc. Good luck.

edit,

Here is the link to Volt CMS password protected page. Have a look at Volt from here and see what you get. Remember this payment is for unlimited websites too and of course Jannis’s help on here. I know a little now, but many more users here have great knowledge of how it all works.
https://voltdemo.blocsaddons.com/login/?ref=/protected-page/

2 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to message - awesome work

Volt CMS does seem the logical option and probably my best route

On payment - I have asked PayPal for a refund… as it is silly that it doesn’t work or isn’t supported anymore and the chap seems to have jumped ship - which is such a shame.

My client is a school and we just need to password protect one page - so that the link isn’t visible to the general public and only parents have access to a download… the password protect app seemed like a great solution for my limited coding skills - life isn’t fair lol :wink: :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

No problem at all.

Yeah - it works like a dream and when you need help, you just come here and ask Jannis or anyone else who has Volt and will get help, it’s great!

I will admit - I need simplicity with everything I do now, the old mind isn’t as sharp as it used to be and I need to come back to videos and this forum for my help! and Volt has so far been brilliant.

Good luck !

2 Likes

Volt CMS and Password Protect from @Jannis is just awesome and so easily integrated into any site. really worth the money.

Sadly i too was a victim twice!! more fool me of the other password protect page that dosen’t work. it should absolutely be taken down

3 Likes

I bought this years ago. Never used it as my OS was out of date. Remembered I had it does not seem to work. I’m guessing from this string that it is defunct?!