Blocs Plus - WooCommerce

Blocs Plus will allow us to create WordPress content.

Will Blocs Plus integrate with WooCommerce when uploaded?

I want to get off Etsy and sell on my own site again, but I never liked the WordPress Templates.

Thanks

Bill

It’s not been tested so I can’t comment.

In plus you can build loops, add custom post and field types so it’s likely you will be able to tap into woo.

but going forward, this is absolutely something we will be aiming make as well documented as possible.

4 Likes

I’ve never used Woocommerce but don’t see particularly why it wouldn’t work. You would be uploading the Blocs generated theme then presumably using a plugin just like any other WP site with a theme. You could also look at Ecwid as an alternative.

2 Likes

While I haven’t used Blocs Plus yet, I do know WordPress rather thoroughly.
In essence, any theme working for a default WordPress will also work for WooCommerce. You could add some extra css classes to further optimize the layout of the products, but that shouldn’t even be necessary. It should turn out okay in just a default theme too.

1 Like

@BHip I’m planning on purchasing immediately after Blocs 4 and Blocs Plus go live. I’ll test it tomorrow and respond in this thread.

4 Likes

Nice @brechtryckaert, I will be following.

1 Like

I’m also a WP vet and yeah WooCommerce works with any theme. but there is a opportunity there for Blocs to hook into, making the integration even nicer. It’s a big ecosystem to tap too. Essentially that just means adding hooks and modifying functions on the Blocs side, so I wouldn’t count it out at all.

2 Likes

Definately true. Very much curious on how Norm integrated everything. Will have a busy day of testing tomorrow :grinning: Been looking forward to this day for quite a while.

2 Likes

One question, does this mean we can create WP themes with blocs and sell them in WP Store?

2 Likes

That would be great for us and for marketing Blocs app. I’m interested to know this as well

I will be following. :grinning:

Yes this is absolutely true. You can sell wordpress themes made with Blocs.

I’ll add however, there’s much more to a competitive Wordpress theme than design and supporting a Wordpress theme is sure to be a learning curve for many vendors.

Interesting to see how this impacts the community here.

One thing we need to do right away is add a section in this forum called, “Help, my Wordpress site has been hacked!” :rofl:

4 Likes

I’m not an expert in WP like you said “learning curve”, but for what I see some times the attack comes from forms, and js exploit. But this WP themes we create can be used with protection plugins that exists in WP Store as well, right?

I’m launching wpsweeper.com at the end of the year or early next year at the latest. That should help resolve the better part of all such cases :wink:

4 Likes

Have send my email to receive more info…

1 Like

Ahhh the powers of our good old friend cron jobs!

Very cool @brechtryckaert! I’m excited for you!

1 Like

Awesome @brechtryckaert

1 Like

Exploits can be introduced by new plugins, and many are actually patched at the core. So forms and things aren’t really what we talk about mostly when we say Wordpress exploits.

Form vulnerability aren’t so specific to Wordpress, we mean things like MySQL injections and nasty stuff like that.

Thank you @Whittfield !

1 Like

I have looked at password protecting the wp-admin folder via cPanel but then found I cannot then login without disabling it first in cPanel.