Blocs Update to 5.04

Hi All:

With all of the issues I had going from Bloc 4 to Blocs 5, I am wondering if anyone has an issue with this minor update?
I am a bit gun shy…

Thanks

Rich the Weather Guy

Hi Richard,

All of my projects migrated without any problems. This update has actually solved a few issues I had with the previous minor update (related to image aspect ratios).

Cheers,
Eldar

1 Like

Good to know…thanks Eldar!!

Rich

I wish that was true. For me in both purchased or free blocs and brics did not migrate to Blocs 5. I would like to know how they can be easily copied/moved to the Blocs 5 location.

Hi @KBConcepts
I think me and Richard are talking about updating from the Blocs 5.0.3 to Blocs 5.0.4, unless I am mistaken @WeatherguyNH ?

As for custom blocs and brics, I know that these didn’t migrate to Blocs 5 from Blocs 4. Not sure if there is an easy way to move them.

Now there is something that should be looked into. How many have purchased 3rd party Blocs and Brics, but have this problem. Since I been with Blocs since v3, that could be a long process installing all those Blocs & Brics.

I could be wrong, but I thought Blocs asked if you wanted to migrate these over when you first opened Blocs 5.
Maybe someone can confirm, but all my 3rd party Brics / Blocs are in Blocs 5.

If that’s the case, maybe I have skipped the process.

Maybe. I think it’s easy to dismiss the popup. We probably need an option in the menu somewhere, to migrate from a previous version.

Maybe a menu option if it hasn’t been flagged. Wouldn’t need it there afterwards.

All the Blocs and Brics reside in

home → Library → Application Support → Blocs (x) → Blocs / Brics

@norm, can they just be copied over, or is there an actual install process that needs to happen?

1 Like

That’s correct, on initial install there is a migration step for Brics.

They need to be installed, manually copying them over may cause issues when it comes to updates etc.

1 Like

That’s the problem the assets (purchased and free blocs & brics did not migrate)
There has got to be some way to fix this. :slight_smile:

You can just re-install them using the Extension Manager.

1 Like

Good to know, thanks.

Oh yeah!! The obvious :grin: Thanks Norm.

Is that one at a time, if so that will take a while. :upside_down_face:
If that is the case, maybe when you can, it would be a good idea to allow bulk add-ons.

1 Like

No you can highlight a bunch at once.

1 Like

Thank you, I did not know that. Very Cool!

1 Like

@Norm

If I add some code to a code widget, and add attributes to an element, attributes that do not need a value, Blocs is adding = " " to the end of them if preview is ticked.

I don’t think this was happening before.

Yes…I was talking about an update from 5.03 to 5.04.

Rich the Weather Guy

I found out you can choose them all (.bloc & .bex), but you cannot add them all to Blocs. You must add them one at a time. :frowning:

Would someone please reply with a solution, thank you