Blocs UX Positioning?

Hello,

New prospective user here. I’ll start by saying I’m not a web developer. I do have a few things that I’m wondering about when it comes to the type of user profile Blocs is aiming for. I am looking for a tool that will allow me to put up a static site, under 10 pages with a login page allowing users to download information. The sites are not content heavy and will not change too often at all. I like the idea of being able to make a site responsive from the ground up.

Does this sound like Blocs would potentially be a good tool in the toolbox or will coding be required most of the time for aspects of simple sites? Is the Blocs UX more approachable if you have web development experience?

Ultimately I’m attempting to find a tool with great UX that an inexperienced user like me can use to create pages by means of organized process and procedure, making the build more error resistant through effective visual feedback, feature organization, etc.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Blocs is a great tool for website development. It’s simple to understand and use. It has ready-made content blocs to help you create pages quickly and easily - all you have to do is provide the actual content - images and text.

When it comes to creating logins and possibly protected downloads for registered users only, you will have to look for a solution outside of Blocs. In fact, no web development app provides for scripted solutions such as those you are looking for out of the box. However, there are third-party add ons that can be installed to provide added scripted functionality. These third-party options are easily embedded into Blocs websites. I suggest you download a demo of Blocs and see its simplicity yourself. IF you do eventually buy the product and need help adding additional functions, you can always post a request here. There are many helpful and experienced users who are more than happy to provide help and support.

3 Likes

Our Sitelok product (Buy Membership Software and Systems Online UK | Vibralogix) should be able to provide the login access to download links you need. It can be added to your Blocs pages using code snippets (no need to understand them just copy and paste). We can help you get things installed and setup anyway.

3 Likes

Hello,

First, thank you for the replies. Further, it’s rare to see the author being so engaged with users on a forum providing help and the community in general being willing to assist, that makes my buying decision much easier.