Blocs V4.4 Beta Build 6

Hey everyone, here is the 6th beta of Blocs 4.4. This release adds a few more new custom Bric API features and a bunch of fixes.

Still more improvements to come…

Dark Theming
Blocs 4.4 introduces a range of improvements to aid the workflow of creating a website that supports dark and light theme modes.

The class dark-theme is added to the body tag when a Blocs site is run on a device that is running a dark OS theme.

Within Blocs you can emulate this using the canvas dark site mode option to switch the dark-theme class on and off within Blocs, this is also applied to in-app preview, but not preview in browser (that is depended on your Macs own theme option).

In the Class Manager if you right click a class you can also now opt to create a dark theme version of a class. Any changes made to this will only effect the site when run in dark mode. Notice it’s just a duplicated class with the leading dark-theme class before it.

Thats basically how you target dark theme .dark-theme .yourclass

The video below is a quick example of setting a Bloc background dark for dark mode.

Dark Theme

Missing Font Manager
The Missing Font Manager will be shown if a missing font is detected when opening projects, adding custom Blocs and page templates. At this early stage of testing, it may be triggered without reason so keep an eye out for that.

Kon’nichiwa! Our Japanese speaking users will be happy to hear Blocs now speaks Japanese. You may notice a bad translation, some text cropping or another little interface oddity. Please let me know if you spot something and it’ll be fixed up in no time!

New Wordpress short codes
Some new short codes for Wordpress.

• %WP_singleCatTitle% = <?php echo single_cat_title();?>
  • %WP_singleCatIdVar% = get_cat_ID(single_term_title("", false))
  • %WP_postCatIdArray% = wp_get_post_categories( get_the_ID(), array( ‘fields’ => ‘ids’ ) )
  • %WP_getPostArchiveLink(PostArchiveNameGoesHere)% = <?php echo get_post_type_archive_link('PostArchiveNameGoesHere'); ?>
  • %WP_categoryURL(categoryGoesNameHere)%) = <?php echo get_category_link(get_cat_ID('categoryGoesNameHere')); ?>

Happy testing and have a wonderful weekend! :beers:

Download Blocs 4.4 Beta Build 6

Don’t forget to hard reload your browser, if the beta doesn’t show!

Additional
Im still working on a few other outstanding issues such as missing background images so please sit tight those will be addressed soon.

6 Likes

Anybody else curious what this is all about?

6 Likes

The new larger text area for the side bar is cool. But I have noticed on Custom Brics, it has scattered the icon all over the side panel. This one bric I have has about 15 icons randomly applied to the side bar?

Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 4.25.53 AM
Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 4.26.16 AM
Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 4.29.26 AM
Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 4.29.40 AM

1 Like

It looks OK in the one bric I just tried.

I’ll get that fixed up.

2 Likes

I even created a new project and added the Custom Bric back in. Same issue. And tried other Custom Brics.

Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 4.33.46 AM

It should only be showing for text areas, the fact it’s showing for input fields may be the issue

2 Likes

The Icon is showing on Title text also, and buttons have two icons.

Screen shot?

Sorry about the screen shots. I am avoiding content :laughing:

Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 4.39.47 AM

Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 4.39.25 AM

Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 4.39.10 AM

1 Like

Do you have any hidden text areas on the Bric that you toggle visibility on?

There is only 1 text field hidden at present. It seems to have created icons for the stepper fields too, but the icons are not always near the fields.

For example, I have an array of 4 stepper fields, and then I get this further down

Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 4.29.26 AM

There is only 1 text area, and it is shown all the time. It doesn’t hide.

1 Like

Looks like those buttons are being rendered for all UI. It’ll be fixed early next week.

1 Like

Isn’t it obvious, its a button for a notification to remind us new features are always coming. :joy:

I think we are all waiting for @Norm to reply to your post :grin:

1 Like

More news on that soon. Anyone who has figured it out, please don’t spoil the surprise :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Hi, @Norm. ‘Right-click’ has stopped working on custom Brics as well.
Kapture 2021-09-11 at 06.49.11

1 Like

Oui Chef! :grin: :zipper_mouth_face:

This beta crashes for me whenever I try to add a custom bric. Looks cool though!

1 Like

@Whittfield If memory serves me right you were using High Sierra a while back. Is that still the case? If so, it is not officially supported and more likely to have issues.