Blocs V4.5 Beta Build 2

Here is Blocs V4.5 beta build 2, with even more new features and UX tweaks.

Divider Bric
This Bric had been left behind not seeing an update since Blocs V1, I’ve totally refreshed it so you can now customize the width, height, colour and alignment per breakpoint (All styling wrote into an auto class - same as edge dividers).

!important
Once your project is saved in Blocs 4.5 the divider Brics will break if you open the project in anything earlier. So please use backups if your site is heavy on divider Brics (not to be mistaken for Bloc edge dividers).

Column Content Align
This feature is great for aligning all column children at a given breakpoint, please note, an elements individual alignment options will overrule this setting.

Going forward this new option should save a lot of time when it comes to centre aligning text, images and buttons on the mobile breakpoints.

Anyway, happy testing and thanks for the support from those of you who help to test! :raised_hands:

Download Blocs 4.5.0 Beta Build 2

Don’t forget to hard reload your browser, if the beta doesn’t show!

6 Likes

Sweet! :blush:

1 Like

@Norm has been working day and night putting together an excellent array of additions & corrections. I can’t wait for the next release.

Hard Refresh Your Web Browser (to Bypass Your Cache)

There are also keyboard shortcuts to perform the equivalent hard refresh. Because there are multiple ways to do the same action, they will be listed below:

• Chrome, Firefox, or Edge for Windows: Press Ctrl+F5 (If that doesn’t work, try Shift+F5 or Ctrl+Shift+R).
  • Chrome or Firefox for Mac: Press Shift+Command+R.
  • Safari for Mac: There is no simple keyboard shortcut to force a hard refresh. Instead, press Command+Option+E to empty the cache, then hold down Shift and click Reload in the toolbar.
  • Safari for iPhone and iPad: There is no shortcut to force a cache refresh. You’ll have to dig into settings to erase your browser’s cache.

After you perform the hard refresh, you should see the web page go blank, and the reloading process will take longer than usual. That’s because the browser is redownloading all of the data and images on the site.

1 Like

@Norm
“This Bric had been left behind not seeing an update since Blocs V1, I’ve totally refreshed it so you can now customize the width, height, colour and alignment per breakpoint (All styling wrote into an auto class - same as edge dividers).”
It would be nice if we could also have a dotted divider.
Great job.
Thanks a lot.

@Norm

There seems to be a bug in this beta in regards of carousel indicators and Boostrap 5. I could not change the size and colour of carousel indicators regardless of using custom li class or the standard carousel-indicators li.

Weirdly enough: active carousel indicator in carousel-indicators .active works flawlessly on the other hand…

Well spotted!

The same happens in the stable version 4.4.2

A temporary workaround is to add manually:

<style>
.carousel-indicators [data-bs-target]{
	background-color: red;
}
</style>

1 Like

I’ll take a look maybe something changed in the most recent version of the BS framework.

2 Likes

@Norm seems its being overridden now, so must have changed the BS css. By the way related to this, will we see attribute support with class names for CSS?

Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 10.21.49 PM

2 Likes

@Jerry

Thanks a lot for the workaround! :+1:
At least we can still change it now.

I disabled auto-backups earlier today, yet just seen it is still saving in the background. The curious part is that I opened a new project only two minutes before, however it still saved automatically, so the time period is not being reset for new projects. Prior to disabling, it was set to save every 30 minutes, however this seems to working globally across whatever project is open and that seems pretty dangerous.

Automated backups should only apply to the backup copy without affecting the currently open project or we are asking for trouble. I would also suggest this should be a project setting, rather than a global preference.

Auto backup is not set per project, it’s a global setting for all projects.

I have disabled auto backup and it works. No auto backups at all.
Using Blocs 4.4.2 and 4.5.0-b2

I understand it’s global, but that is not necessarily a good thing. The bigger problem is that it is also saving the open project, rather than simply creating an external copy at that time point.

2 Likes

Yeah Thats on my radar already.

2 Likes

That’s why I turned it off.

Attributes in class names are supported in the next beta of Blocs v4.5. However its a basic implementation so you can only include the name e.g. .hello-world [custom-attribute].

Its a far bigger change to support the inclusion of the attribute value as well e.g. .hello-world [custom-attribute=“my-custom-value”];

But it’s a start!

2 Likes

Carousel indicator subclasses have been updated to work with the latest version of Bootstrap5. You can also update the class name within your project manually to include the attribute name to target the indicators.

carousel-indicators [data-bs-target]

2 Likes

Thanks Norm.

Is it going to be changed in a new beta or how could we update it?

Nice. Still very handy. Thanks

1 Like

Yeah new beta coming tomorrow, you’ll need to manually update class names in older projects.