Blocs v4 - wish list

Feels like Its been almost a year since we had a good update? I remember when wordpress was being discussed back in July but yet we still have nothing? I love blocs but was hoping since 3.0 that we would have came alot further along

Hey @cableguy30, I think 3.3 and 3.4 added a bunch of new features that you wouldn’t often get on a point release, especially on an App that isn’t using a subscription model.

Wordpress is coming, most likely version 4??. And sounds like a bunch of new stuff is also happening based on statements from @Eldar (who got a peek late last year) and @Norm.

1 Like

we decided to move Wordpress into the core app rather than an add-on so it’s been delayed.

We all have our own priorities regarding new features, but I think looking back at the change log of Blocs 3 so far it’s hard to argue great new features haven’t been added in 2019.

Just a few of my personal highlights:

• Modal support
• Ability to embed assets into single project file
• Ability to order custom Classes across breakpoints
• Clean URL export support
• Ability to add custom code to new areas of Pages
• Added support for local network previewing
• Added Cache busting support.

We also launched the Blocs Store with 20+ of our own free extras for Blocs.

It’s been a pretty busy year.

10 Likes

Hi, Norm!
When this WP app will be available, and will it have the manual also as demo version?
Thanks!

Later this year, it will have various resources including examples. There will be a trial but you will not be able to export from the trial version.

2 Likes
1 Like

By now often mentioned:
Sorting sites in a project individually - personal order of sites / not by time of creating.
Can only underline the importance of this feature in terms of workflow.

Compatibility:
Understanding the hussle with different OS´s and of course the move from BS 3 frame to BS 4, but still, project should be compatible within one version.

Mac OS:
Future Blocs versions please always down ways working with at least “high sierra”.
Apples politics are driving people nuts - but also because of 32bit apps which are still highly in need (personal).
If there were not Blocs, I would go back to windows (second time in my history).

Boostrap 4:
Please include all the great features - messing around finding & replacing codes is no good for a non coder app - and doesn´t make projects slimmer (subclasses description could help).

Font awsome:
Hey :rofl: it´s overdue - get a grip :star_struck:

But not leaving with a great thanks for all the efforts over the last years.
Blocs is becoming a real pro tool… for semi´s

With probably the best and kindest forum I´ve ever seen!

3 Likes

Boostrap 4:
Please include all the great features - messing around finding & replacing codes is no good for a non coder app - and doesn´t make projects slimmer (subclasses description could help).

:wink: Hope dies last.

Which 5 essential bootstrap features should I add, that are currently missing?

3 Likes

You could add more options for designers, such as updating on the carousel etc. to get more juice without exporting and modify the entire code …

An important feature for me, would be that you can add code / edit code directly in block, so you would not have to be editing manually in each export …

100+ points for blocs at this time always.

@Norm is there an easy way to solve the problem of assets not being exported when you Only use them in the code bric? Currently I have to create a fake page and put images on it for them to be exported with the project.

3 Likes

Using a code bric from the start would be the easiest option for the moment, wouldn’t it?

I refer more to that example:

I have a block that will be self-administered in this case I don’t know a slider, I would have to put the call in php or scripts what is needed it would be good to add it to the code of the block itself, instead of exporting it and opening it in a code editor and adding the code itself, … if the code could be added directly to avoid copying it again and appending it at the time of exporting … tell me if it makes sense to you …

http://nikkiitaly.mx/ .

The slider can be changed from the panel, but for each setting I had to export and add the code again, again and again in each export…

Well, I don’t know if there is a Bootstrap feature for to make any block sticky. But If there is I would like to have one.

@StFoldex. You can do that will a small script and an ID in the bloc.

Yep, I stopped using Unsplash because of that.

Really? How? Is there a description for this on this forum? Would much appreciated if you could point me there. Thanks.

Well if you’re really asking then an iOS version of Blocs would be number one :flushed: :grin:

Number two and three would be z-index and a site map…

Sitemap is already a feature.

When do you think the next major update to Blocs may come out?