Blocs V5.1 Beta Build 7 😅

First reply: I opened the project with Blocs v5.08 and could keep on working without a crash.

Ok sorry my mistake. If you export with Blocs 5.0.8 are the errors present?

Which location are you running the beta from? Is it roughly the same location you have Blocs 5.0.8 installed?

Yes I tried that with the same result. If I build a new form in the latest beta I think it is OK from the tests I ran yesterday, but it seems like forms built with some earlier version(s) of Blocs are very unpredictable suddenly, whereas they were all fine previously.

A real concern is that I don’t know as yet how long this has potentially been going on and which sites or forms may have been affected.

2 Likes

Regarding SMTP, is it possible to have the email field the one you reply to?

i.e when I get a message on the standard post type, I could just hit reply and it would automatically copy the message into a new email and automaticlaly enter their email. Is this possible with th SMTP, not sure if its something Blocs can fix?

In one case I found that a form switched to SMTP did not work, however it continued not to send email after switching back to PHP, so I’ll have to start from scratch.

1 Like

I’m hoping to get the next beta out today, with more improvements for forms.

6 Likes

This could be the issue I was also having, although it seemed fine for some and not for others, not sure why.

So Blocs is going to v5.1.0 Beta 8? There must be too many quitches to move forward with the anticipated new release. :frowning:

No, we hope to release it before the end of June. We are in no rush to get it out, we just want to make sure it’s as solid as possible. New bootstrap framework just got released, so that delays testing further as we will included that in the next build.

I would expect the betas to go past 10.

3 Likes

Nice. I saw the BS update. Will we see the icon links? Right now I have a bunch of CSS for that. Be cool to see it built in :relaxed:

I doubt it. I’ll link to the new JS and CSS and hunt for anything that it breaks. It’s more about finding problems at this late stage.

2 Likes

Ok, makes sense, I was thinking of making this a Bric, but then I saw the BS update. If it’s not on the immediate roadmap, I will put it in my inbox called “Things to Do”. which is getting too big :grimacing:

Do you have a reference?

1 Like

@Jannis sure

1 Like

Bootstrap 5.3 integration has gone well so far.

I may have got distracted and added new controls for the dark theme support.

CleanShot 2023-06-02 at 11.55.57@2x

CleanShot 2023-06-02 at 11.56.40@2x

You can apply this setting on a Bloc, div, button group etc and you get the dark or light theme.

2 Likes

Nice distraction. Will that handle the new colour themes too? (Or modes or what ever they are calling it).

I can’t think of a use case for the colour modes at the moment but it’s interesting.

Are you using the default Bootstrap 5.3 dark mode now?

1 Like

Not fully, I’ve just added some controls to enable it on elements.

Ive tried to replicate this today, but Im not able to cause the form to break by switching it to SMTP and then reverting that change. If you encounter it again please send me a copy of the Blocs project so I can take a look at what is going on.