Blocs4 Insert Favicon but only see the Favicon on Desktop

Hi,
I insert a Favicon in the settings. But I only see the Favicon on Desktop. On a (for Example) iPad I see the Blocs4 Favicon …
Anyone else here with this little Problem?
tom

Likely a cache issue. Its the same icon.

mhm … I give it a try. I thought I delete the cache …

Hi @PeteSharp
I delete the cache … still see the blocs favicon on a tablet. I dont understand this …
Wich format you use for the favicon … jpg? png?
I use a png 32x32 px

tom

favicon.ico would be the format.

Lot of free favicon generators in the Web to create them.

Hi @pumpkin
do you have create a site in B4? Is the Favicon on a tablet the same as in the browser ?

thanks for your help
tom

Hi Tom,

I use this to generate favicon, https://realfavicongenerator.net/

Upload your image and it supplies you with the required code and files.

I do have a current work in progress and the favicon is the same no matter the width. I however don’t have a tablet to try. But it’s there on the iPhone.

I don’t have an idea though how it works with the images you see e.g. in the new reading list overview in Safari on OSX Big Sur.

Hi,
still the same problem. I use a favicon generator and use the code I get. I do an upload, and on desktop I see the correct favicon. But when I close a tab on the iPhone - I still see the blocs favicon ?! How could this be? :thinking:

Open the page using a private tab.

If that fails - settings - safari - clear History and Website Data.

If that fails it’s not a cache issue.

Delete cache and website data. Still there … don’t understand that. Just on mobile devices … really crazy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I can confirm this issue is still there - blocs 4.3.2
Only on mobile devices - iPad
Hope this will be solved soon.

In the meantime I installed chrome on my iPad and with the former provided code via @DaveC it works, but still not on iOS Safari.

This is really funny, especially for Blocs being a Mac only app.
And the response on this thread is rare, no one else seeing this problem?

Cheers and stay safe