Brics Document update request for the "d" keypress!

I’ve searched all brics’ documents, watched videos, and, generally, spent WAY too much time trying to figure out how to open the Brics’ panel. It seems quite an oversight that the Keypress 'd" feature isn’t mentioned anywhere that I can find! Of course, I looked first in the "Brics Basics"section of the documents. I even tried all kinds of shortcut keys in hopes of stumbling onto the correct sequence. All this time wasted when I could have been learning the software.

The only reason that I ever figured out what was going on was that @Ric had the same problem and he mentioned it in the forum. This isn’t the most user friendly way of helping someone new to Blocs.

Please consider adding something like the addition I’ve made below to the first sentence in "Brics Basics:

Brics are individual user interface elements that we use in order to make up our web page design. Images, buttons, icons, headers and many others are all classed as Brics within the Blocs application. Brics can be accessed by using the lower case letter “d” keypress. The “esc” key will subsequently hide the brics popup.

All I can say is, “Sheesh!”

Thanks for considering this on behalf of new users like me.

-Rachel

You must have missed this in our knowledge base under Drop Mode.

https://help.blocsapp.com/drop-mode/

@norm,

I can see where there may be a gap for new users, if they don’t know what Drop Mode is but know they need to use Brics to build further on Blocs, etc.,

Perhaps it would be worthwhile for newcomers as @Just4Fun pointed out, to add something to the Brics page, as this may be a gap in the documentation for newcomers.

Brics are individual user interface elements that we use in order to make up our web page design. Images, buttons, icons, headers and many others are all classed as Brics within the Blocs application.

You can begin adding Brics via Drop Mode. You can read more about Drop Mode for adding Brics here.

Also there seems to be some relative “Related Articles” links missing between Brics, Drop Mode, etc., at the bottom of the documentation pages, that would help users also.

Both those types of revisions may provide more clarity.

Good point, I’ve added a section on adding Brics to the actual page :+1:

@Just4Fun sorry for the confusion :blush:

1 Like

Thank you for your speedy response and your help. I haven’t spent much time with Blocs, but I intend to get back to it. Right now, I’m looking at various mobile frameworks that are overwhelming my mind. -Rachel