Bypass Hero bloc on home button - SOLVED

Hi guys,

I am rather new to Blocs and even after tinkering with it a lot, I’m still trying to solve a following issue:

I use a hero bloc with a fullscreen video on my landing page. It is placed on dynamic area so that it appears only on that page. My issue is: I can link the home button on that landing page to be navigating to the fist bloc beneath the hero-video but I can’t seem to be able to do such thing when hitting home from other pages on my website.

In other words: I would like to bypass the hero video on my landing page (and land right beneath it), when home button is hit on any other pages of the site, because the hero video is supposed to be viewed only when you open the page for the first time.

Do you know a solution for that maybe?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers!

Maxim

Hi @Maxim
I don’t know if I understand your question … Are there more infos on the landing page ( home ) or only the video ? When its only the video you can delete the button for the start page in the menu ? Or duplicate the start page and delete the video and link the home button to the duplicate page ?

1 Like

Hi @Maxim

Welcome to Blocs Community!

If you would post a URL, I can give you a definite answer, but from what I could understand, you can set a link to this landing page to ‘Navigate to URL’, and then post the following URL:

./index.html#BLOCID

where BLOCID should be replaced with the ID for the bloc located right beneath the hero bloc.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Eldar

1 Like

Hi Tom,

thanks for your reply, - yes there is supposed to be more content below hero video bloc. But I think, Eldar has already provided a solution in his post down below.

Thanks anyway! :wink::+1:

Cheers!

Maxim

Hi Eldar, thanks a lot for your quick reply! I think you nailed it with your answer! :wink::+1:

That seems to be exactly what I intended to do. Will definitely try it tomorrow!

Again, many thanks and it is really great to meet such a friendly community here!

Cheers!

Maxim

Great!

Let me know how it goes, and if it doesn’t work like you want it to, we will figure something out!

Enjoy your day!

Cheers,
Eldar

1 Like

Hi Eldar, I’ll sure do.

One more thing (since I’m on my iPad right now and can’t test it immediately): ./index.html also needs to be changed to the name given to home page or not? E.g. to: ./home.html if the page is named „home“?

Thanks! :pray:

Cheers!

Maxim

No, just leave it at index.html. Your homepage will always be automatically renamed to index.html

1 Like

Hi Eldar,

just reporting back - your solution works flawlessly!

Again: thank you very much for your support! :+1:

Cheers!

Maxim

I’m glad to hear that! :+1:

1 Like