Can I make this Better with Blocs

I’ve tried Blocs before, about a year ago and was a bit overwhelmed with the tools because it’s drastically different than what I’m used to, which is Sparkle app.

However even with the latest version of Sparkle I’ve become increasingly frustrated with the fact that it just does not respond properly when going between breakpoints, desktop and mobile devices.

This is probably a retarded question to ask on a forum associated with Blocs but do you guys feel that I could reproduce this site in a better fashion using Blocs? Or am I looking at an uphill battle?

www.dg3films.com

I should point out that currently I have not even activated breakpoints on this site because of its inability to work it properly.

So what I do is simply build for the desktop and use larger elements especially in text so you can read it on a mobile device. This is obviously not the preferred method.

Thanks.

Hi Producerguy,

I’d suggest giving Blocs another shot, since it has come a long way since 2020.
Also, the Blocs Academy is now included, giving you training video’s right in the app.

When I check your link, this seems like a fairly default layout, so it should be easy to reproduce and iterate upon within Blocs. And with Blocs, you’ll get responsiveness out of the box :slight_smile:

All the best,

Brecht

1 Like

+1 for everything @brechtryckaert said.

Blocs would be a good fit.

1 Like

Much appreciated for the quick responses guys. Glad to know about the significant evolution. My gut always told me that Blocs was a far better app so maybe now is a good time to jump in and sink my teeth into re-learning it.

2 Likes

I think you will enjoy working in the “new” Blocs.
I found it easy and intuitive, and there is plenty of help here to get you started.
Blocs Master is a good place to begin, as well as Blocs Academy.

Rich the Weather Guy

1 Like

Just bookmarked Eldars’ page with the quickie tutorials. Once I get the basics down I’m sure I’ll be good to go. I do see some of the changes to the underpinnings - looks much more intuitive.
Thanks all.

1 Like

I’m going to get a license and go for it. Sparkle may be uber-simple to build with but clearly it’s that same simplicity that causes the non-standard compliance with breakpoints.

I’ll reach out if I get stuck.

1 Like

We are always here…

Rich the Weather Guy

1 Like

I’ve held off from purchasing a license, when I went to the category of sites made with Blocs I’m not finding anything worthy. In fact the majority of it is crap.

With exception to the Cazoobi site for Blocs, i’m not seeing good looking or fantastic design examples at all. And I’m starting to wonder if this is a limitation in blocks about getting a beautiful design. (?)

Are you guys aware of any sites that actually look really good?

Hi @Producerguy. Well noted your statement. Thanks for sharing your favourites! I’m sure it’s not too much of an ask.

1 Like

Take a look at some of my sites. I am a designer. Maybe this encourages you to try blocs even more, you can also take a look at Eldar´s templates. They are preetty good

chicuelo.com.ar
wad.chat
pidorapido.com
irenebermejo.com
inrots.com
asts.com.ar

2 Likes

EXACTLY what I was hoping to find!! Thank you.

Bravo!!

1 Like

Here’s one that is under development - it may give you some idea of how to incorporate different elements to make a complete design. Ultimately, the design of a webpage is only going to be as good as the person designing it - the development tool is just a convenience for the developer and doesn’t really contribute to the overall look of the site in itself.

https://govoltaenergen.com/newGoVoltaInvest/index.html

2 Likes

Lovely examples, thank you for sharing them!

1 Like

I’ll be honest with you - your website is horrible in terms of design. It’s just awful. http://www.dg3films.com It should not be repeated if you feel sorry for the users who will have to look at it, however briefly.
I recommend buying one of Eldar Gezalov’s templates and building a website around it. I personally did so.

2 Likes

Your sites are simply beautiful)
Have you thought about selling them as templates?

1 Like

Thank you, but my clients have paid for that design service so if I decide to sell as templates it would be sort of a scam for them. Of course they will never notice but they have invested on so that design belongs to them.

3 Likes

talented designer and righteous. Nice!

1 Like