Can't apply background color to a specific bloc

Hi,

I have applied a background color to the footer but when I preview or export the page the background is white. I also have tried to apply a CSS class to the bloc but without success. What am I doing wrong?
Btw, I have a sticky alert that I removed and together with it I also deleted the setacookie.php from the project but I don’t think it could be related to this.

Thanks!

Is anyone able to help me, please?

Thanks guys!

Hi @espositodnl86, happy to help but you’ll need to be a bit more generous with information. To me it looks you’ve 2 issues:

1. Footer color and 2. a CSS class.

Your footer color you can easily set in the right column settings of the Bloc. If this is not working there might be a glitch somewhere. Removing the footer and re-adding should do the trick. Or, the CSS class you applied is causing the trouble.
In regards to the CSS class I will not be able to assist as information shared is too limited. Kindly provide video, link or screenshots to explain you’re trying to achieve.

Hey, thanks for helping!

I have created a new bloc for testing and selected a background color under Settings - Colour: in the edit window everything looks correct but when I preview (or export) the website the background of that area is white. There are no CSS rules applied to that specific bloc or to any element contained in it.

Could this be a bug?

Ok, I’m pretty sure it’s a bug.

If I create a new bloc above the footer (not in the bottom global area) and I select a background color, the bloc won’t have any background color once exported but in that case footer background color will be showed correctly.

How can I report this as a bug?

https://help.blocsapp.com/knowledge-base/reporting-bugs/

Is anyone else experiencing this? In the meantime I have opened a ticket.

Thanks.

Guys, is there anyone who can help?

Thanks.

I’m assuming you’ve tried the usual route of deleting the bloc, restarting Blocs and recreating?
Or trying to recreate in an empty project?
If this works, saving as a custom bloc and importing into the existing project?

Just thinking out loud!

Hey, thanks for your help!

If I create a new bloc with a background color on top of the existing one, than the new block won’t have any background color but the one I’m having problems right now, yes.
I don’t have the same problem in a newly created project.
Unfortunately creating a custom bloc everytime that I want to set a background color is not an option for me…

Perhaps you have added a color in the sidebar? In that case a adding a color with a class can have different results.

What do you mean when you say “you have added a color in the sidebar”?

You can change color in the side bar.

But also with a class

1 Like

I have tried both by using the sidebar and a CSS class but I get the same problem.

You should use only one, is my experience

Of course, I tried both but not together.

1 Like

That is the only thing I can think of. Hopefully for you one the the more experienced members will come online soon and help you. We have a few here that know a lot and can possibly solve this.

Hey @Norm, I know you are one of the most expert guy here. Could you please take a look into this problem?

I would really appreciate! Thanks.

Have you looked at your code with inspect? You can see what class or classes are controlling the color. This option is available by selecting developer in the safari preferences like in the screen copy below and then right click on the element and choose “Inspect”.

I took a look but couldn’t understand much…