Capitals in URL

Hi all,

I have a client who has said they must have their domain name containing some capital letters to keep it in brand so will look like this:

ThisIsMyFunkyWEBSITE

They have insisted they had it like before and it always displayed it. Is this possible?

I am 100% sure its not !!! but i thought I would ask.

To be honest - Admin, if i get severals NO’s ! please delete as this post!

As far as I am aware the internet doesn’t work that way. In any case it would be a pain for anybody that wants to type in a url.

Hi @AdieJAM.
This won’t be possible as a browser will automatically lower-case the capital letters in any url when it is entered. So you were absolutely right: it’s a no :slight_smile:

It’s actually kind of nice when you can just tell a client something isn’t possible and move on without further discussion.

It might have been something Google was playing with at the time…

Technically there’s no reason why you couldn’t have it visualized that way in the search results, if the customer were to find this more appealing (although I’m not sure if there’s an impact on accessibility), but the moment the url is physically entered in the address bar of a browser, it will be automatically converted to lowercase.

It seems to be possible when looking at this link URL of my bank. No clue how though…
https://www.gtpsecurecard.com/AfrAsia/

That’s a folder. Not the domain.

2 Likes

:upside_down_face: So happy others are much smarter than I am :grin:

1 Like