Changing link color in footer section for phone link in mobile view

I finished a second website using Blocs-- this one is for my husband’s construction business. Suggestions, feed back welcome. I’m still tweaking a few things … http://truckeeplumbingservices.com

Do I need to create another class to change the link color in the footer just for mobile devices? Specifically the phone numbers (the call links work when viewing site on a phone).

Still learning a lot. Everyone’s been really helpful with my first site. Thank you.

It looks nice. A few observations.

1. I’d get rid of the stroked box around the main bloc. You really don’t need it.
  2. I’d maybe try and use a darker brown/bronze color for the different elements. They look ok but really are harder to read on the mobile front. The darker color will add more contrast to the page, making it easier to read.
  3. The opposite for the footer text, bright white text will show up better.
  4. The footer phone links (mobile) you can use a class so that the number shows up white.
  5. On the mobile view the menu header (image or text) on the left needs some padding. It’s right on the left edge of the screen.
  6. On the mobile view, your first bloc has nice padding keeping the content a nice space from each side. As you scroll down the text under each image is really close to the left edge. Maybe create class and give it some padding/margin on the left side.

These are only my suggestions, I have a feeling you we going for a softer look using the lighter brown fonts. It looks good but I really like to lean more towards the readability aspect.

You did a nice job!
Casey

As a side note, I’m puzzled by your use of “ordinance”. Do you mean ordonance*? Ordinance vs. ordnance

Will

• sometimes spelt with thee Ns

Thanks Casey-- Your suggestions were very helpful. I was wondering about the font contrast for mobile. Also- that stroked box-- it’s not anything I added deliberately, so have to look at that again (and how to remove it.)

Hi- I had to laugh at the three 'n’s. This must be a North American term. It appears in all the county documents that way. NORTH TAHOE PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT
SEWER ORDINANCE but thanks for checking. or·di·nance
ˈôrd(ə)nəns/Submit
noun
NORTH AMERICAN
a piece of legislation enacted by a municipal authority.
“a city ordinance banned smoking in nearly all types of restaurants”
an authoritative order; a decree.
synonyms: edict, decree, law, injunction, fiat, command, order, rule, ruling, dictum, dictate, directive, mandate
“the president issued an ordinance”
a prescribed religious rite.
“Talmudic ordinances”
synonyms: rite, ritual, ceremony, sacrament, observance, service
“religious ordinances”
Origin

Middle English (also in the sense ‘arrangement in ranks’): from Old French ordenance, from medieval Latin ordinantia, from Latin ordinare ‘put in order’ (see ordain).
Translate ordinance to
Tip
Similar-sounding words
ordinance is sometimes confused with ordnance

1 Like