Conference/Live event demo website

Hi all,

As a lot of you know or might not know i work in the events industry and this year as many has been awful. I started making some small websites during lockdown and getting more involved in this amazing forum full of brilliant people who have not only helped me along the way, but also some have offered a virtual shoulder to lean on.

Well most of the websites I have done have been for friends of mine and just been doing them for pocket money while I learnt more and more.

But many have asked for a nice simple website with 2 of 3 pages for live streams and some basic structure.

I have created this website as a demo site to send to my contacts in my industry. All company logos I have made up and the event is all fictional.

Any feedback is greatly accepted, I am tweaking it still, but at the moment the design is what people are asking for.

Please remember - this is a demo site and clients can change colours, logos and layout, so forms and numbers etc won’t work!

Also this link is done on a subdomain for a white label website called viewlive which I have created. This is where event and productions companies can send this link to other agencies and not have my or their company names on. Also I will be hosting live streams from this viewlive site if they do not want a unique URL for a 1 day event. It’s a bit of a project in the making ! but slowly getting there.

Forgot to mention, i used the brilliant Tab Anything bric by @Whittfield on the home page too - was so slick to use and would 100% recommend this bric to everyone.

2 Likes

Overall I think it’s coming along nicely. One thing I would consider is making your welcome text column smaller. I normally use about an 8 column bric for text like this. It’s harder to read a paragraph that is the width of desktop/laptop browsers. You can search the net for advice on what is an optimal width for readers.

Casey

1 Like

Thanks, I will have a play around with this. I did bring them all in a little and kept it so they all had the same width as some introduction sections have had a lot of text on, but I totally get what you mean - I will have a play with this tomorrow and see.

Thanks

1 Like

I think the old school trend that everything has to be the same size going down a page is out of date. Mixing areas up with full screen graphics and different size elements can really enhance your designs on a page. I also find it hard to break away from traditional designs!

Casey

1 Like

Thanks @AdieJAM,

It’s good overall. One thing I would consider from a UX and messaging perspective. On an event page, the speakers names and titles should not be under a hover. It’s almost a rule for this type of page and it gives respect more weight to Keynote Speakers.

I like what you did with Tab Anything, however the change is very subtle because the titles don’t actually change just the color pattern. you might want to try something to make it more obvious? or maybe not, but that’s just how I first perceived it.

Cheers!

1 Like

Thanks @Whittfield - yeah I agree on the names & titles, I originally had the names on the bottom and the rest came over on hover, but I had a friend wanting it like this to demo for a client as he thinks on a small group of 4,6 or 8 speakers it invites people to hover and look…but on a larger ground then have the names on. But i will revert back next week or bring this onto demo 2 !

On the Tab Anything, i’m not sure I understand? - do you mean to make the tabs stand out more? bigger…hover?

This one has gone out for a few companies now - so i could change on a later date I guess, or do some small changes - but at some point there will be Demo 2!

Thanks for the comments