Copy content between documents

Sorry, was referring to the red text at the bottom. I get a quick flash of blue and then nothing for several clicks then one in a random position.

FFS. And on such a simple website!

Just a suggestion based on my own experience a while back. I was seeing a lot of issues with custom classes that greatly improved after re-installing the OS. I didn’t have to do a clean install, where I wiped everything; just boot into recovery mode and install a fresh copy of the OS. It might take a couple hours, however it can go a long way towards eliminating glitchy behaviour like this.

@Flashman I once again really appreciate your kindly pointing my brain in the right direction. I say this in part to steer this discussion back on topic. But I also mention it because I just now tested File > Export > Export As… > Custom Bloc. I was able to successfully import into another document! But it got me thinking. If we can export a Bloc now, why then can’t the same be accomplished by copy and paste? It seems the code is already there in Blocs. It would just be a matter of allowing one to copy a Bloc and then paste it in another document. The end result of pasting would be the same as export/import of a Bloc, only faster.

Anyway, your suggesting is very helpful to me. I really appreciate the tip!

Best wishes,

James

This just seems to be the way Blocs works and I think we should be more concerned by the result than the method. It achieves the same goal in a similar time frame, but with the advantage of being accessible later on as well.

It’s basically the same when you go to duplicate a bloc. A window pops up and asks you where you want it duplicated. Presumably Norm has a reason for doing it this way.

3 Likes

This could be really useful

Copying and pasting between docs in any app should be a given in 2019 and is a constant source of frustration for my designers. Saving as a template then opening in another document is a clumsy workaround for something as basic as copy-paste. +1 on this suggestion.

4 Likes

When will opening more than one document, and copy-pasting between them be implemented to Blocs?

1 Like

It’s a good question. My guess is not for a long while since Blocs method right now is for us to save content in the library, then go to where it’s needed and use it. But there are still advantages to having two documents open at the same time and doing copy/paste, I agree.

I’d say there would be a fair bit of work around managing how preview and local network preview works in that scenario.

It would be handy though for sure.

Starting the php preview server with different ports.

2 Likes

Does anyone know where we are, on being able to open multiple documents in Blocs?

It looks like I have a damaged site that I’m going to have to recreate. The prospect of opening Blocs on two Macs next to each other, simply to create a new site whilst checking the layout, typography, and content of the damaged site doesn’t fill me with much joy.

You could run an official release and a beta alongside.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion @Jerry :+1: It’s certainly an idea that I’d not thought about.