Creating a link or hot spots for images in Blocs

Hi all, I’m new to Blocs, and so far really liking it, but I’ve come across a couple of thing I’m not have any luck with. So I’m hoping someone can help me figure this out.

1. I tried styling the hamburger icon within the default nav bric and because it has no styling option, I added one, but still can’t change the color. Other properties change, but I’m only interested in changing the color. Just couldn’t figure out how to do it.
  2. I then attempted to recreate the nav bar and adding my own icon, but now there appears to be no way to add a link or create a hot spot for it - at least not directly within Blocs that I can see.

I tried search for info on this topic here in this forum but didn’t get any hits.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
-Miguel

Hi @MiguelR

if you want to change the color of the hamburger menu ( nav bric ) you need some extra code. See this thread …

If you want to use your own logo you can do it like this. Click the logo and switch to an image… Not sure If you mean that. Or set a link on a image ?

If you want to set a link on a image click the image and choose interactions …

Bildschirmfoto 2020-03-11 um 23.18.52

Bildschirmfoto 2020-03-11 um 23.18.45
tom

Hey Tom,
Thanks, this certainly helped! I was able to change the color of the hamburger, as I was looking to do.

Regarding the links/hot spot question - this came about my considering using an embedded Hype animated hamburger icon to open a menu (if I were to go with creating my own nav bar), it wasn’t so much about adding links to imported images. I just didn’t see anything in the inspector and thought maybe I missed something. I should’ve been clearer about this, sorry about that.

So it appears to me like I may have to make modifications to the exported Hype source files that are attached to the project to handle the linking instead of something I would do within Blocs (maybe using custom code at the page level?). Anyways, if you have any thoughts on that, I would certainly like to hear it.

For now I’ll go with the default nav bar along the custom color change, but I will continue to play with adding a link to an embedded Hype animation. If I come across anything useful on this I’ll post it here for anyone else that may have a similar use case.

Regardless, thanks again for your help.
-Miguel

Hi @MiguelR
sorry, I don’t use hype animations :blush:
great that it helps
tom