Desktop Settings?

Any way yet to lock or create desktop settings as each time I start and open Blocs4 the windows and app is not set up the same way as when I closed it? All the windows and menus have to be reset up on my monitors before working on the projects…thought this may of be fixed already…

It’s nice to see you back in the forum after 1 year, @tcarson. Unfortunately, you posted your query as a “Tip and Tricks” ensuring that most people won’t see what you wrote as a Question. Not being a Moderator in this forum, I cannot change the category of your post, unfortunately. I’m also afraid I don’t understand what you mean either, so further explanation on your part is necessary. Thanks.

Same for me @tcarson, whenever I start up Blocs, it reverts to its default setting (using 3, not even looked at 4 yet! How bad is that?). So something like that behemoth that is Adobe and their ‘workspace’ settings would be handy, so that you can have either the - pages or layout - and - inspector or brics - showing. However, what it shows seems logical for me.
Funnily enough, the window size seems to ‘stick’. If I close the programme down where I’ve resized the working frame to ½ screen size, then even a new document opens up that way after restart, so this is the only setting it remembers.

Yup not sure what is causing it…support got back to me and said it’s my fault …nice so we are own our own to figure their program out…really sucks each time I start this mess…so sad…we will see if on a update it’s fixed .

I’m not sure if you are just stating the above out of frustration? But I find it hard to believe that Norm would respond in such a way. It looks like from your previous thread you stated clearly that it’s more specific to multiple monitors.

On a single monitor most palette windows seem to retain there state upon relaunching the app. While the few that don’t I’m not sure they were intended to remain open. I’m certain that it’s possible to retain things even across multiple monitors in objective-c or swift. So perhaps its just something that needs looked at further by Norm.

Sorry for your frustration, but with only a handful of pallet windows it still seems manageable in the meantime until its properly corrected. Remember what the app allows you to accomplish overall and the time it saves users while creating sites. That’s maybe a more positive way to look at it in the meantime.

1 Like

I think that’s a little unfair. This is what I actually said.

(Please excuse the typos)

7 Likes

Yup seem some have the issues and other don’t…so will keep hunting it down and like I said I have never had another app that did not remember the positions…its almost like it resets each time the app opens. But thanks for checking on it.