Does Drag and Drop for images not work on trial version?

Greetings,

I am looking at buying Blocs to replace Sandvox as my website builder, and have been testing the trial version. However whenever I try to drag and drop an image into blocs nothing happens. No errors, no changes.

I have tried this from my Photo app, from files from the desktop. I’ve tried this with different images and made sure they were all reasonably sized. Also importing into the assets manager seems to work and I can still drag and drop these images into Sandvox.

I’m wondering if perhaps this feature is disabled in the trial version? It does not say so anywhere in the notice?

That should work normally in trial mode I would imagine. Have you tried adding an image bric, then dragging over an image like this? Monosnap

As @Flashman says in his answer, you can only drag and drop images into an image container. So, you must add an image bric to your page before you can drag images into it. However, this isn’t the best way to go with images. Dragging and dropping images from different parts of your computer will cause you problems later if you decide to re-open your project file and the images are no longer in the location they were originally dragged from. It’s best to copy or move all your image assets into a specific folder that can be stored in the same location as your blocs project file. This will ensure that they remain linked. Also, all images added to your project will be automatically placed in your asset manager. When this happens, a link to the image is stored in the asset manager so it can find the image in the future. If the image is no longer in its original location, the app will give you a missing assets error when you next open the project file.

I would second everything @hendon52 said. As an alternative, you may also host images remotely on the server and add them to the asset manager. This isn’t always practical for me as an option when working on a client website, but I always do it on my own websites.

Make sure you run the app from the applications folder and check it’s not been quarantine.

Dragging images into the app should work as expected without the need to add image Brics when you drag over the Bloc area look for a blue insertion bar.

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply. I have made sure Blocs runs from the applications folder and it has not been quarantined. I have also tried using and not using the image bric, using the image from different locations including the desktop, a separate folder on the desktop or from the images folder. Inserting in this way does not work, I am unsure if the blue insertion bar you are referring to is visible in this screenshot:

Dragging the image into the manager also does not work.

Perhaps this is a bug with my computer? I am running an old iMac (late 2008 model) on MacOS 10.11.6 if that is any help.

I don’t think Blocs 3 fully supports El Capitan anymore, even if it remains listed in the FAQ FAQ – Blocs – User Documents

I have an ancient 2007 iMac that can technically run Blocs 3, but it does seem to have some oddities not found in later OS versions. El Capitan is getting pretty old and I cannot even use Mail now with my web host.

Yes I have tested Blocs on another Mac which is running High Sierra and the drag and drop works as expected. Unfortunately for me it does seem like the issue is with El Capitan.

Thanks to everyone for their help! I will be looking into replacing this old iMac soon anyways, maybe I can start fully using Blocs then.

I second that! :frowning: